• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cured up some Pork loins

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Found some whole loins for a good price , $1.29 / lb. Bought 2 froze one . I like to put them in a net , but this time I went without . Cut in thirds , used TQ , brown sugar , and liquid smoke in each bag . Yeah ,,, liquid smoke . It's ok .
Went 14 days in the fridge , then rinsed and back in fridge over night .
Hung in the smoker at 130 for 2 hours . I used 12 " tube with oak pellets and wood chips mixed in . I saw Dave use some mesquite on a ham , so I did the same . Gave this a nice dark almost red color . Not to strong at all . Tube ran for about 6 hours . Came out pretty good .
20181021_073541.jpg 20181021_133208.jpg
Took on some color pretty quick
20181022_090333.jpg
I like when it has the lite and the dark meat . Bearcarver Bearcarver Tender Quick is the way to go on loins for me .
20181022_091301.jpg 20181022_091309.jpg
Thanks

browneyesvictim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 16, 2016
Looking good Chop! I can taste the breakfast sandwiches from here.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Looking great Chop. I have some curing too along with hams and bacons. I might net mine and hang them when I smoke them.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Looks like it came out pretty good. Nice Job. Why the added liquid smoke?

Point for sure.
Chris

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Nice Color, Rich!!:)
I got 10 pounds of BBB in cure right now, but no CB.
Yours looks Great !!
Like.

Bear

normonster

Meat Mopper
Joined Jun 15, 2017
Ahh, thanks for the share. They look great. I need to do this soon! A couple cuts of that stuff with some eggs and fresh hot pepper sauce!! Woohoo.

I'm starving.

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Looking good my way of doing Canadian style bacon the Bears way. I find it very easy to do its just the wait that takes so long. But then good things come to those who wait. :D

Warren

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Beautiful color! How do you generally use it? Breakfast fried ham?
Thanks Scott . I don't like to fry it . Makes it to dry for me . I just heat it thru with my eggs in the morning , or for a breakfast sandwich . Eat it cold with mustard and Swiss cheese on fresh bread . I take it to 150 to make it safe to eat .

Looking great Chop. I have some curing too along with hams and bacons. I might net mine and hang them when I smoke them.
I love the nets . Just changed it up this time . I've got another whole one in the freezer , gonna do the " injection " on part of the next one .

Scott Eisenbraun

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Sep 30, 2018
Thanks Scott . I don't like to fry it . Makes it to dry for me . I just heat it thru with my eggs in the morning , or for a breakfast sandwich . Eat it cold with mustard and Swiss cheese on fresh bread . I take it to 150 to make it safe to eat .
I had the same problem. Now I turn up the heat, add a little olive oil and quick sear about a minute each side to keep it moist.

I love the nets . Just changed it up this time . I've got another whole one in the freezer , gonna do the " injection " on part of the next one .

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Looks like it came out pretty good. Nice Job. Why the added liquid smoke?

Point for sure.
It's more for the smell , I don't see much in the way of taste . 1 cap full in each bag .

Nice Color, Rich!!:)
I got 10 pounds of BBB in cure right now, but no CB.
Yours looks Great !!
Like.
Thanks bud ! See what you made me do ,,,,

Ahh, thanks for the share. They look great. I need to do this soon! A couple cuts of that stuff with some eggs and fresh hot pepper sauce!! Woohoo.
You are so right ! I love to just snack on it , but a thick cut just heated thru with eggs is a great way ,,, to go sit back in the chair all day , lol

Looking good my way of doing Canadian style bacon the Bears way. I find it very easy to do its just the wait that takes so long. But then good things come to those who wait. :D

Warren
Thanks Warren . Thats why you need to over lap . Start a new batch before it's gone !

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Nice job chop!
Love the color!!
Al

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Bear and Chopsaw thanks for the likes they are greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.