Cured up some Pork loins

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
Found some whole loins for a good price , $1.29 / lb. Bought 2 froze one . I like to put them in a net , but this time I went without . Cut in thirds , used TQ , brown sugar , and liquid smoke in each bag . Yeah ,,, liquid smoke . It's ok .
Went 14 days in the fridge , then rinsed and back in fridge over night .
Hung in the smoker at 130 for 2 hours . I used 12 " tube with oak pellets and wood chips mixed in . I saw Dave use some mesquite on a ham , so I did the same . Gave this a nice dark almost red color . Not to strong at all . Tube ran for about 6 hours . Came out pretty good .
20181021_073541.jpg 20181021_133208.jpg
Took on some color pretty quick
20181022_090333.jpg
I like when it has the lite and the dark meat . Bearcarver Bearcarver Tender Quick is the way to go on loins for me .
20181022_091301.jpg 20181022_091309.jpg
Thanks

Looking great Chop. I have some curing too along with hams and bacons. I might net mine and hang them when I smoke them.

Looks like it came out pretty good. Nice Job. Why the added liquid smoke?

Point for sure.
Chris

Nice Color, Rich!!:)
I got 10 pounds of BBB in cure right now, but no CB.
Yours looks Great !!
Like.

Bear

Ahh, thanks for the share. They look great. I need to do this soon! A couple cuts of that stuff with some eggs and fresh hot pepper sauce!! Woohoo.

I'm starving.

Beautiful color! How do you generally use it? Breakfast fried ham?
Thanks Scott . I don't like to fry it . Makes it to dry for me . I just heat it thru with my eggs in the morning , or for a breakfast sandwich . Eat it cold with mustard and Swiss cheese on fresh bread . I take it to 150 to make it safe to eat .

Looking great Chop. I have some curing too along with hams and bacons. I might net mine and hang them when I smoke them.
I love the nets . Just changed it up this time . I've got another whole one in the freezer , gonna do the " injection " on part of the next one .

Reactions: pc farmer
Thanks Scott . I don't like to fry it . Makes it to dry for me . I just heat it thru with my eggs in the morning , or for a breakfast sandwich . Eat it cold with mustard and Swiss cheese on fresh bread . I take it to 150 to make it safe to eat .
I had the same problem. Now I turn up the heat, add a little olive oil and quick sear about a minute each side to keep it moist.

I love the nets . Just changed it up this time . I've got another whole one in the freezer , gonna do the " injection " on part of the next one .

Looks like it came out pretty good. Nice Job. Why the added liquid smoke?

Point for sure.
It's more for the smell , I don't see much in the way of taste . 1 cap full in each bag .

Nice Color, Rich!!:)
I got 10 pounds of BBB in cure right now, but no CB.
Yours looks Great !!
Like.
Thanks bud ! See what you made me do ,,,,

Ahh, thanks for the share. They look great. I need to do this soon! A couple cuts of that stuff with some eggs and fresh hot pepper sauce!! Woohoo.
You are so right ! I love to just snack on it , but a thick cut just heated thru with eggs is a great way ,,, to go sit back in the chair all day , lol

Looking good my way of doing Canadian style bacon the Bears way. I find it very easy to do its just the wait that takes so long. But then good things come to those who wait. :D

Warren
Thanks Warren . Thats why you need to over lap . Start a new batch before it's gone !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky