Cured Butt Chunk/Cajun Pulled Ham Sandwiches, cured ribs, and Tiger Potato Salad

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hamdrew

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 17, 2021
KIMG0595.jpg

KIMG0599.jpg
KIMG0600.jpg (STL trimmed these a little too tight, i know...)
KIMG0602.jpg
KIMG0604.jpg (Left the fat cap on heavy so i could give it more time, knowing how pretty it'd be once i peeled it off..)
KIMG0605.jpg (My GOOD cleaver couldn't even cut through it clean..)

KIMG0607.jpg

Tiger Sauce (obv)
Sriracha
Kraft Catalina
Thai sweet chile sauce
Honey Mustard (i did use some of that fancy Fat Boy Apple Cider Honey Mustard that foiled the ribs with, but mostly the generic store brand thats same as French's)
Sour Cream
DUKE'S mayo
Horseradish
Banana Pepper Juice
Couple diced sport peppers and the last of that juice i had
tiny bit of cider vinegar b/c the pickled pepper juices took care of it
cilantro
diced raw red fresno (and i added the smoked fresno seeds and flesh i could pick out, that i threw into the castiron when smoking the onion)

Salt & pepper, Cavender's and tony's, MSG, fish sauce etc to taste. i did use fish sauce instead of adding any salt and to tell u the truth gave it a little strawberry Welch's to round everything out. lol. im gonna try some today with kimchi because this is going in my recipe book.

Last edited:
Thanks J. Save that potato salad recipe!! Lol. Most of those sauces go on sale for ~$1 sometimes.. not Tiger sauce, though, and that is what the whole finished product tastes like. Creamy, extra vinegary Tiger Sauce. The Catalina dressing and pepper vinegars are very important. If you pickle your own peppers (like I do), use that. I make my own "Sriracha" as it's super simple and mayo. One of my cousins got chickens, lol.

This is just a recipe that can be made from CVS/Walgreens when things are tough all over. I did use all the store-bought/brands in this! I gotta say, I'm a little bit excited to make it with my proprietary sauces, and kimchi, though..

Reactions: JLeonard
Quite a spread and some good looking food. Love the recipe for the Tiger Sauce. Hope you don't mind if I steal it :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: Hamdrew
Quite a spread and some good looking food. Love the recipe for the Tiger Sauce. Hope you don't mind if I steal it :emoji_wink:

Robert
PM me and i'll give u sooooo many extra details. lol. Besides the Kraft Catalina and pickle juices you really gotta use an on sale bottle of sweet chile sauce!

For more details just gimme a minute to decipher my scribbles; i'm only 30 but i grew up reading/writing shorthand.. lol

looks delicous
I'm not gonna lie, I did not use ANY sort of finishing sauce on that pulled pork.. I just squished that juicy little guy with the flat side of My cleaver before i hacked it up

I'm not gonna lie, I did not use ANY sort of finishing sauce on that pulled pork.. I just squished that juicy little guy with the flat side of My cleaver before i hacked it up
no need for sauce on good meat, save the sauce for the mess up's :emoji_wink:

Reactions: chopsaw
no need for sauce on good meat, save the sauce for the mess up's :emoji_wink:
i made a pretty tasty STL+Alabama+Tiger finishing sauce today that might argue with that!!

That said, it's more for leftovers. LOL. I am cooking some chicken now with pretty much just Tony's to cater to someone else, which i will try it on in a couple hours

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky