Crown

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sdkid

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 14, 2015
Pierre, SD
Not a big liquor drinker but recently discovered Crown Apple.

How do you like to mix your Crown?

The apple is the only one I've ever tried. Was at a dart tournament over the weekend and the girls were giving samples of Crown Apple and cranberry. Was pretty good.
I'll have to stop and get a couple small bottles and try them out. Reg and apple....

No reason to dirty a glass either
LOL!!!

I am a straight up guy but will admit that I've had a hot toddy or 2 with Crown Apple that was killer for a cold high school football game. Best served in a Starbucks travel cup (to keep warm):emoji_laughing:

Reactions: crazymoon
I tried a bottle of apple crown and I didn't find it to be a sipping whiskey.

Unless you are buying crown black or better, I would consider it mixing worthy. I'm not a big crown drinker but I always had coke with it.

These days if I mix whiskey, I mix it with sprite or ginger ale. Although, if it's high end whiskey, I won't mix anything with it. About the best whiskey I will mix with is bullet.

I Bartender and Bounced when I was young and full of PI$$ and Vinegar. I tried a large variety of Whiskeys, some Great some Paint Remover. My favorite...JAMESON....JJ

SDK, I know a couple who mix Crown apple with cranberry juice on ice. I find the stuff repulsive BUT love Crown(regular) on the rocks. Mix is for rotgut to hide the taste ! :)

Reactions: big t bbq
I'm not a fan of any of the flavored liquors. My favorite Irish whiskey at the moment is Kilbeggan with one rock.

I keep cheap stuff on hand to use in BBQ sauce. Every once in a while I get in the mood for a mixed drink. Out comes the cheap whisk(e)y, scotch, bourbon, or brandy to mix with Canada Dry ginger ale and a lime squeeze.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky