Crisping smoked wings.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shawnthomas

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 20, 2016
Southwest Iowa USA

I smoked 10 pounds of wings this afternoon. Going to cool them and refrigerate them tonight. Plan is to take tailgating tomorrow. Going to lightly dredge them in flour and fry them with propane turkey fryer in the tail gate lot. Question is what temp should a guy fry already cooked and smoked wings? I just want to crisp them up and warm them throughly. Peanut oil is what I have for oil.

Last edited:
My favorite trick I just learned is using Vodka to get crispy chicken skin. When making a breading of any kind It helps the coating stick, but because the alcohol evaporates there is no residual moisture and no alcohol taste. Just like CrankyBuzzard I still prefer naked as well. Following the same concept, try a light dip in vodka, shake off excess and let draw into the skin for a few minutes, then deep fry.
banana_smiley.gif

Just keep away from cooker flame!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky