Cream alternative

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

normanaj

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 2, 2014
Rhode Island
Being lactose intolerant I could use one.Anybody have a good alternative for cream?Smoking up the last of the bluefish today and the wife wants to make dill cream sauce for it.

Yogurt?
The best yogurt for people with lactose intolerance is a full-fat, probioticyogurt that contains live bacterial cultures.

Are you talking a warm sauce? Maybe do a rue of flour and butter, add almond or cashew milk and your spices.

Makes me think some type of veg puree . Like potato cooked down then thinned out to the right consistency and flavor as you would . Maybe even cauliflower or zucchini .

Are you talking a warm sauce? Maybe do a rue of flour and butter, add almond or cashew milk and your spices.

Cold.The fish will chill in the fridge for a few after coming off the smoker.Smoked blue will be my game time snack.

Makes me think some type of veg puree . Like potato cooked down then thinned out to the right consistency and flavor as you would . Maybe even cauliflower or zucchini .

All of which I have in a abundance.

Actually she came up with coconut cream.I'll let you all know how it tastes in a few hours.

Reactions: chopsaw
A Roux Thickened Lactaid Milk sauce would be nearly indistinguishable...JJ

Being lactose intolerant I could use one.Anybody have a good alternative for cream?Smoking up the last of the bluefish today and the wife wants to make dill cream sauce for it.
Not being able to mix meat and dairy, have tried many “alternative” milks. Favorite s are eurpther coconut milk ( if flavor compatible) or I like a product call “ mocha mix” have been using it for years. Cook to cook with as it does not break.

Actually she came up with coconut cream.I'll let you all know how it tastes in a few hours.
Yep. I started using full fat coconut milk instead of cream quite a while ago. Coffee, cooking, baking, whatever. Great in scrambled eggs, too. The stuff I buy, Sa Via Coconut Milk, costs $1.12 for a 13.5 oz can. Plus, you get a little exercise by shaking well to break up the fat that separates in the can.

The dill sauce came out quite good using the coconut cream.Also found soy cream too and will give that a try at some point.

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky