• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Crab meat ABT's qview

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
Made some ABTs with crab meat mixed with the cream chesse

smoke_chef

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 22, 2008
Crab meat... nice touch! I may have to give that a try!!

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
you can put crab meat and cream cheese on a shoe and it would taste good.....good idea on the ABT's. Nice work

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Now thats a nice idea and all. But did the japs take away from tasting the crab meat after all it's a very delicate tasting meat. But it is a very good idea I have done some with shrimp and I felt theshrimp flavors were lost.

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
For us it did not take away from thee crab.  When we tryed shrimp we had the same effect  as you

Now thats a nice idea and all. But did the japs take away from tasting the crab meat after all it's a very delicate tasting meat. But it is a very good idea I have done some with shrimp and I felt theshrimp flavors were lost.

miamirick

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 28, 2009
those look like some tasty japs  i like that bacon also,  they have a maple flavor one that reallyhas a good sweet taste to it  smells so good you dont want to wash your hands after wrapping things up

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
Looks good. Another version of that is to make a crab patty filling (veg, bread crumbs, egg for binder) and fill the jalapeno with that.... sooooo goood!! (and the crab stands out bit more).

norcal2500hd

Joined Feb 20, 2010
Dungeness crab season opens up Nov 6th.....Gonna have to try these out when I bring my limit home.

smokeon

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 5, 2009
I have a recipe for crab Rangoon that has crab meat, cream cheese and chives as the stuffing in a wonton shell.  I wonder how that would taste in an ABT....

northern greenhorn

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 11, 2010
 for this idea, I made 60 abt's for our Halloween party and it wasn't nearly enough, I might try some of these for the New Years Party

porkbelly

Joined Nov 2, 2010
hi, i just smoked some crab and shrimp ABT's...i agree the shrimp did get kinda lost but the crab meat was there...but oh my lord the peppers were HOTTTTT...the other day i did some and the heat was perfect bought them at the same place to...i may not have cooked them long enough...i still have to say thay so far my fav. is cream cheese/chedder/sun dried tamatoes...the tamatoe really stands out...also i took 3 thin slices of pepperoni and cream cheese some italian seasoning, plus pepper jack...oh yea sun dried tamatoes...those were excellent to..i love smoking

rugsrme

Fire Starter
Joined Oct 26, 2010
I have a recipe for crab Rangoon that has crab meat, cream cheese and chives as the stuffing in a wonton shell.  I wonder how that would taste in an ABT....
Sound like it would taste great! Crab, yet another item to add to the shopping list!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.