Crab meat ABT's qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
you can put crab meat and cream cheese on a shoe and it would taste good.....good idea on the ABT's. Nice work

Looks great and probably tasted even better.
points.gif

icon_cool.gif

Now thats a nice idea and all. But did the japs take away from tasting the crab meat after all it's a very delicate tasting meat. But it is a very good idea I have done some with shrimp and I felt theshrimp flavors were lost.

For us it did not take away from thee crab.  When we tryed shrimp we had the same effect  as you

icon_cool.gif

Now thats a nice idea and all. But did the japs take away from tasting the crab meat after all it's a very delicate tasting meat. But it is a very good idea I have done some with shrimp and I felt theshrimp flavors were lost.

those look like some tasty japs  i like that bacon also,  they have a maple flavor one that reallyhas a good sweet taste to it  smells so good you dont want to wash your hands after wrapping things up

Looks good. Another version of that is to make a crab patty filling (veg, bread crumbs, egg for binder) and fill the jalapeno with that.... sooooo goood!! (and the crab stands out bit more).

I have a recipe for crab Rangoon that has crab meat, cream cheese and chives as the stuffing in a wonton shell.  I wonder how that would taste in an ABT....

hi, i just smoked some crab and shrimp ABT's...i agree the shrimp did get kinda lost but the crab meat was there...but oh my lord the peppers were HOTTTTT...the other day i did some and the heat was perfect bought them at the same place to...i may not have cooked them long enough...i still have to say thay so far my fav. is cream cheese/chedder/sun dried tamatoes...the tamatoe really stands out...also i took 3 thin slices of pepperoni and cream cheese some italian seasoning, plus pepper jack...oh yea sun dried tamatoes...those were excellent to..i love smoking

I have a recipe for crab Rangoon that has crab meat, cream cheese and chives as the stuffing in a wonton shell.  I wonder how that would taste in an ABT....
Sound like it would taste great! Crab, yet another item to add to the shopping list!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky