CPB Bavette Sirloins w pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Was lucky enough a few months ago to get some CPB beef to try out. Did a tri-tip that was excellent so figured I would try out the bavette sirloin steaks last night along with a couple sides. I didn't realize just how big these things were until I pulled them out of the box. 1 lb a piece.

After a quick defrost.
CPB4.jpg

I added a little thick worchy sauce, fresh cracked black pepper, sea salt, and garlic powder to both sides and let them sit in the fridge for a little while.
CPB5.jpg

Got the grill up to 500-600 and gave them a nice sear on both sides before moving up to the top rack to finish.
CPB6.jpg

Tossed on some big portabella shroom caps. Marinated these for about 30 min in soy sauce, minced garlic, parsley, and black pepper. Brushed the marinade on while they were on the grill.
CPB7.jpg

CPB9.jpg

Threw a piece of mahi mahi on for my wife.
CPB8.jpg

Steaks off. Ready for a slice.
CPB10.jpg

CPB11.jpg

Plated with some parmesan cream sauce pasta and a big mushroom cap. Shredded some fresh asiago cheese on top of both,
CPB13.jpg

And the wife's healthy plate.
CPB12.jpg

Those steaks might look a little on the rare side from the pictures but they were perfect. Juicy and tender. Pulled them right at 125 and let them rest while I did the fish and shrooms. One of if not the best sirloins I have ever had. Had more of the flavor lines of a filet. Hope to order some more CPB in the future as these were excellent. I couldn't even eat a whole steak. Thanks for checking it out. Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy out there.

John

Wow John, those steaks look just perfect! Great looking healthy plate too. I’d be ecstatic with either one.

Like!

That steak ain't too rare for me John, looks cooked to perfection, Like! As far as the healthy plate for your wife, my wife would be ecstatic to be sitting down to that, she doesn't eat steak either. RAY

John...both of those plates are stunningly gorgeous!! I'd be thrilled to eat either of them and kudos to you for cooking two different meals so everybody could have what they like...or at least deem healthy. Steak is perfectly cooked and those sides are to die for!! Although I'd take the steak over the fish any day, her plate actually looks better than yours :emoji_wink:

Now where did I put that 55-gallon drum of quarters?
Robert

That sliced stake and your plate look awesome, John! BTW, I wouldn't mind to have a "healthy" plate like your wife has... on my table! :emoji_wink: Like!

Appreciate it! Yeah I wouldn't mind to have either plate either lol. Usually my wife prefers fish over red meat so when I do steaks ill throw some fish on for her and make a nice salad.

That steak ain't too rare for me John, looks cooked to perfection, Like! As far as the healthy plate for your wife, my wife would be ecstatic to be sitting down to that, she doesn't eat steak either. RAY

Thanks Ray appreciate it man! We'll if I ever make it down to AZ our wife's can have all the fish they want while you and I can throw down some cold ones and all the smoked meats we can handle

John...both of those plates are stunningly gorgeous!! I'd be thrilled to eat either of them and kudos to you for cooking two different meals so everybody could have what they like...or at least deem healthy. Steak is perfectly cooked and those sides are to die for!! Although I'd take the steak over the fish any day, her plate actually looks better than yours :emoji_wink:

Now where did I put that 55-gallon drum of quarters?
Robert

Robert appreciate it buddy! Couldn't have done it without you :emoji_wink: Steaks were so tender and flavorful. I have 3 small pieces left that will be used for steak and eggs tomorrow morning.

Did you get you a brisket yet?
not yet...sadly. avoiding the masses as much as we can right now. weather is shaky too. soon as the weather get better I may make a costco run for one. I still have a rib roast in the freezer to cook too.

Soon i hope!

not yet...sadly. avoiding the masses as much as we can right now. weather is shaky too. soon as the weather get better I may make a costco run for one. I still have a rib roast in the freezer to cook too.

Soon i hope!

I hear ya man. I haven't been to the store in a week. I am in banking and considered essential so I only go to work and then back to the house. Gonna have to venture out tomorrow for a few groceries and things for the kids Easter baskets. Not looking forward to it. Good luck with the rib roast!

Don't forget me...I am just down the road 20 minutes away!

John those plates look beautiful.

LIKE!

John

Hell man if I ever make it to AZ you and Ray would be the first ones I call. Maybe we could even get in 18! Haven't played yet this year and I have the itch!

I haven't been to the store in a week
We tried the Click List deal at the Kroger here (Smiths). I may just do that more anyways. see if you have it there. you make a list online and they pic it all. I pulled up and called in about 3 minutes later they loaded it my truck. its free during the virus. save a ton of time too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky