Cowboy Queso

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Howdy smokers. I've had a few people the last few days ask where to find my cowboy queso recipe and since the super bowl is coming up thought I'd post a separate thread. Apparently people don't know that if you want queso you actually have to search for cornish game hens lol
IMG_20201225_105309.jpg

Here are the ingredients and instructions. The pic is from mixing all together. Didn't get a finished pic but I think we can all imagine what melted queso looks like

Brown 1lb ground beef 90/10, drain grease, put beef back in skillet and add a 12oz pale ale(I used sierra nevada), simmer for 4-5 min. Then pour beer and beef into crockpot. Here are the rest of the ingredients. They go straight into crock:

32oz velveeta cubed
8oz shredded pepper jack
Can of rinsed black beans
2 cans Rotel
Half cup chopped cilantro
Half cup finely diced red onion
Tsp red pepper flakes

Mix together and set on low for a couple hours until melted stirring every 30 mins

Last edited:
Just copied that out and saved to the files! we LOVE Rotel Queso here and you recipe looks killer good!

Thanks Jake!!

Reactions: TNJAKE
Just copied that out and saved to the files! we LOVE Rotel Queso here and you recipe looks killer good!

Thanks Jake!!
Thanks dave it's flavor town for sure. We love the stuff. Let me know what you think!

Looks like a good one Jake! I'm planning on giving this a try or a dip for the Superbowl. I have to work that day and the wife is getting a cracked wisdom tooth pulled tomorrow. so something quick to snack on sounds about right.

Sure looks good! Im gonna bookmark this to make sometime soon. Thanks for sharing the recipe Jake!

Looks like a good one Jake! I'm planning on giving this a try or a dip for the Superbowl. I have to work that day and the wife is getting a cracked wisdom tooth pulled tomorrow. so something quick to snack on sounds about right.
Hope you're wife doesn't have too much pain. Queso will definitely help

Reactions: xray
Jake, that sounds awesome!! An amped up version of one of the two things that Tracy is allowed to make. I sent this to her in an email (she's working and not allowed to talk to me) to see if maybe this would make our entire day of eating Sunday. Sounds fantastic buddy and I can promise you that it will get made at some point.

Cowboy Queso? That has my name written all over it, literally.

Too funny!! That is exactly what I was thinking when I read the title of the thread being that you mentioned it in another Super Bowl menu thread a couple days ago.

Robert

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Jake, that sounds awesome!! An amped up version of one of the two things that Tracy is allowed to make. I sent this to her in an email (she's working and not allowed to talk to me) to see if maybe this would make our entire day of eating Sunday. Sounds fantastic buddy and I can promise you that it will get made at some point.

Too funny!! That is exactly what I was thinking when I read the title of the thread being that you mentioned it in another Super Bowl menu thread a couple days ago.

Robert
Thanks Robert I think this would be right up yalls alley. It's got all the delicious stuff in it. Let me know how you like it

Hope you're wife doesn't have too much pain. Queso will definitely help

Thanks Jake. I have a feeling I’ll be eating this one myself, so I may use chorizo instead of ground beef. She came home from the store today with jello, pudding, broth and tomato soup...I guess that’s some what she’s having lol.

Sounds delicious Jake! Only have one problem... way too many ideas of things to make for tomorrow than gonna have people to eat them! Will have to give this a try sometime for sure.

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky