Cowboy Queso

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Love the recipe. I've copied and saved it.

Let me make a couple of recommendations. Consider adding some breakfast sausage preferably hot. Up the Rotel a can or two or go to Red Gold 15oz cans of petite diced tomatoes and peppers or better yet go to to 3 or 4 cans of rotel w cilantro and lime and cut back on the chopped cilantro a little. That way you'll have a product that works hot, room temp, or straight out of the fridge w/o breaking chips. The addition of lime is awesome.

Love the recipe. I've copied and saved it.

Let me make a couple of recommendations. Consider adding some breakfast sausage preferably hot. Up the Rotel a can or two or go to Red Gold 15oz cans of petite diced tomatoes and peppers or better yet go to to 3 or 4 cans of rotel w cilantro and lime and cut back on the chopped cilantro a little. That way you'll have a product that works hot, room temp, or straight out of the fridge w/o breaking chips. The addition of lime is awesome.
Ive made it 100 ways. This is the best imo. The pale ale adds citrus notes and makes it nice and creamy. Plenty of goodies in it. Fresh cilantro is our preference as it has better flavor. Wouldn't change a thing
Screenshot_20220212_135634.png

Well Mr TNJAKE TNJAKE I rolled with your recipe. Only thing I did different was Shiner Bock for the beer and Jalapeños for the Cilantro.

Follow the instructions .......
tempImage37OnPv.png

Ok, So I'll add what my finished Queso looks like ....
tempImageDTsMoE.png

In the words of my wife "That Sh*ts delicious" :emoji_laughing:

Thanks for sharing with us Jake - it's freaking awesome!

Well Mr TNJAKE TNJAKE I rolled with your recipe. Only thing I did different was Shiner Bock for the beer and Jalapeños for the Cilantro.

Follow the instructions .......
View attachment 525694

Ok, So I'll add what my finished Queso looks like ....
View attachment 525695

In the words of my wife "That Sh*ts delicious" :emoji_laughing:

Thanks for sharing with us Jake - it's freaking awesome!
Heck yeah bud glad you liked it and didn't change anything before trying it first. I really like the crunchy bites you get from the red onions and the flavor of the fresh cilantro coupled with the black beans

Reactions: texomakid
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky