Covid Vaccine ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daughter just called and said starting at midnight tonight you can sign up at Walmart to get an appointment . To many doses going in the trash here . Maybe they wised up . I'm going to check into it .
Just heard from her . That's for Teachers . I thought it was . She said they'll give it to anyone no questions asked . I'll be damned if I butt in front of a Teacher , so I'll have to wait . Mines coming .
Anyway they are going as a group on Monday to get it . So that's good .

Just heard from her . That's for Teachers . I thought it was . She said they'll give it to anyone no questions asked . I'll be damned if I butt in front of a Teacher , so I'll have to wait . Mines coming .
Anyway they are going as a group on Monday to get it . So that's good .

There's so many Doses coming in the near future, you'll have to wear body armor to keep from getting stuck while walking down the street, and have to close your window when stopping at a Red Light.
Help is on the Way!

Bear

Reactions: chopsaw
I am amazed at how many people in this forum have been able to get the shots.

My wife and I are both 68. We've been trying for two months and can't schedule an appointment. Both California and especially Monterey County (where we live) are really screwed up. Every day I go to the CVS, Walgreens, Safeway, and other sites and try to sign up, but they are all full. I thought maybe I was screwing up, so today I asked my doctor if I was going about it all wrong. Apparently I am not.

Fortunately we are both in good health and, having been through the Hong Kong flu pandemic in 1968 when 25% of our school was out sick (in a school of 4,000, that was 1,000 students out sick), and when over 100,000 people died in this country (equivalent to almost 250,000 if you adjust for population and the differences in how statistics were kept), we are not too worried about the delay, but we'd sure like to get it done sooner rather than later.

Reactions: tropics
John Good luck hope you and the Mrs. are able to get it soon
Richie

My wife and I are both 68. We've been trying for two months and can't schedule an appointment. Both California and especially Monterey County (where we live) are really screwed up. Every day I go to the CVS, Walgreens, Safeway, and other sites and try to sign up, but they are all full. I thought maybe I was screwing up, so today I asked my doctor if I was going about it all wrong. Apparently I am not.

Fortunately we are both in good health and, having been through the Hong Kong flu pandemic in 1968 when 25% of our school was out sick (in a school of 4,000, that was 1,000 students out sick), and when over 100,000 people died in this country (equivalent to almost 250,000 if you adjust for population and the differences in how statistics were kept), we are not too worried about the delay, but we'd sure like to get it done sooner rather than later.
That sucks John. I waited a while as only 64-1/2 but also deemed ‘essential’ (probably generously) and comorbidities, but after so many appointments went unfilled they broadened some and I got in a week ago, and opening to group 4 next week.
I normally only reserve powers to the feds what is absolutely necessary, but in this case I think we would have benefitted from a coordinated federal implementation plan. Hell, even better statewide consistency would be nice.
Keep our fingers crossed for you and the others waiting.

I know how frustrating it is, John:
After losing My Brother to Covid on December 29th, we were on Lists for St Luke's Hosp, Lehigh Valley Hosp (The ones who screwed up my Open Heart Surgery & wrecked my Kidneys in the process), and 3 different Pharmacies. Checking them all a pile of times every day.
Then all of a sudden we got a call from our local Weis' Food Market Pharmacy, and we were in 3 days later. Second shots will be March 29th, and only about 5 miles from home.

Like I said earlier, within the next few weeks Vaccinations will be Mucho Plentiful, and easy to get.
Help is on the Way.

BTW John: Have you tried this site yet?? It seems to work good:
Vaccinefinder will tell you where the three vaccines are available closest to you.
Link----->>>>. https://vaccinefinder.org

Bear

Last edited:
Reactions: texomakid

Keep trying John - We've stayed persistent and finally got my wife booked at a CVS in the morning. We've been checking the CVS web site up to 6 times a day and low & behold they had some opening this morning at 6 am. We had to book her appointment at a CVS about 50 miles away but that's not an issue when we look at the big picture. Don't get discouraged, keep digging! I was able to get mine last week so now we will both have the 1st round behind us after tomorrow. Don't give up! it's time to get back to normal (well, no one really ever said I was normal :emoji_laughing:)

Reactions: Bearcarver
Just stumbled on this thread.... 66yo here. SW Fla (Charlotte County) and got my first jab of the Moderna vaccine last Friday morning through the county. Had a sore arm for about a day and a half but that was it. #2 on April 2nd.

I wasn't going to get it but figured with the millions of people out there who'd already gone before me, if there were issues with it, we'da known by now so that the heck.....

Reactions: Bearcarver
The Canadian government has purchased some AstraZeneca that is set to expire in April and this particular vaccine isn’t approved for 65+ so the Alberta government is offering those shots to people between 60-64. Wife and myself booked online yesterday morning, this Wednesday we are getting our shots. As much as I hate to admit it seems our provincial government is on the ball, you wait in virtual cue until your time to register, once it’s your turn to register you are automatically directed to the booking site. There was 3500 ahead of us, total time from cue to booking was 15 minutes. No muss no fuss.

The Canadian government has purchased some AstraZeneca that is set to expire in April and this particular vaccine isn’t approved for 65+ so the Alberta government is offering those shots to people between 60-64. Wife and myself booked online yesterday morning, this Wednesday we are getting our shots. As much as I hate to admit it seems our provincial government is on the ball, you wait in virtual cue until your time to register, once it’s your turn to register you are automatically directed to the booking site. There was 3500 ahead of us, total time from cue to booking was 15 minutes. No muss no fuss.
Good for you & the Mrs.
Richie
3 more weeks for my second

I just got my appointment for shot one on Friday. This is going to be my injection week. Getting shots in mouth to remove teeth tomorrow and one in the arm Friday.

Reactions: tropics
Wife got her 2nd (Moderna) Sunday. Queasy/nauseous and fatigued yesterday and last/this night (Monday). Right arm already painful as getting a shoulder replacement in 3 weeks, so got it there and just making it good and useless now :emoji_grinning:
It passed in a couple days last time, said to be worse but shorter the 2nd time ... we shall see.
Getting my 2nd (Pfizer) in 10 days. Just fatigued and headache last time.
Still, worth the short term inconvenience.

we are holding off. I was particularly proud of my daughter. she did her research, found about 7 or 8 fda drugs that had been approved but then pulled from the market for various reasons and couple for very bad reasons. "dad, the man thing ain't goining real well right now, but it might and I want kids some day so I'm not taking chances without long term studies, they have been wrong before". I have done my best to raise here to do your own homework and make an educated decision. those decisions are the ones that right for you.

I have zero worries about taking this . Just need to get an appointment . Daughter got her first shot yesterday .
Son got an email this morning for an appointment , but to far away .

Got my appointment for the 20th of March at a VA Clinic in Jersey. It is the moderna one, a two shot. But I just hope with all the new places giving them they can distribute these shots better, you hear on the news where places had to throw away hundreds of then due to mishandling them. Hope everyone can get theirs soon, so life can be normal once again. I know I have been in hibernation since it started. So I guess after I get them and wait the allotted time to be effective it will be Hello World

Good looking out Jim . Thanks .
hear on the news where places had to throw away hundreds of then due to mishandling them.
Some of that is here in Missouri . Doses going in the trash because people don't show up for the appointment . Sending the larger percentage to out lying areas instead of the cities .

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky