Covid booster shot problems,

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.

forktender

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 10, 2008
NORCAL
Post up what you have personally experienced, not I heard or read stories unless you can back them up with a link please.

Personally I have no need for a booster to a shot that I refused to get from day one, I just want to hear real world stories whether they are good or bad.

Thank you.
Dan

Last edited:
I haven't had the booster shot yet...guess I'm due for the Pfizer booster next May 1st, but curious why you're asking about the booster shot in particular?.....I had both Pfizer shots.....first one sore arm and second one nothing at all......both my 81 year old parents had both shots and the booster.....father had sore arm each time and my mom had no reaction/symptoms at all to any of them

I have had the Pfizer 1 & 2, 1 was nothing, 2 I fell asleep early the night of the shot but that was all. I am up for the booster but other things going on right now prevent it. Maybe I'll knock out the booster and a shingles shot come December. Pop had shingles at 90, don't want to do that, left him blind in one eye.

Reactions: Mr. Zorg
Booster Thursday sore arm, so what is your interest if you are against the shots? trying to write a story or prove a point? lost a brother inlaw a little over a month ago who didn't take the shots. Is that real enough info, not heard but lived it, had it a year ago in August, got lucky and stayed out of the hospital. A lot of wanna be Dr posting stuff with only hearsay proof. I will take my chances with the shots and everybody is allowed to choose .

Booster Thursday sore arm, so what is your interest if you are against the shots? trying to write a story or prove a point? lost a brother inlaw a little over a month ago who didn't take the shots. Is that real enough info, not heard but lived it, had it a year ago in August, got lucky and stayed out of the hospital. A lot of wanna be Dr posting stuff with only hearsay proof. I will take my chances with the shots and everybody is allowed to choose .
Wow.
That was kinda harsh...
Wow. Pretty harsh in my opinion.
The man asked a question, and you ignored it and proceeded to ask him his motive for asking the question!

He obviously has a reason for asking, and maybe he wishes to keep it personal.

Where did the "wanna be Dr posting stuff with only heresay proof" come from?

What business is it of yours if he is writing a book or trying to prove a point?

The man asked a simple, direct question.

Post up what you have personally experienced, no I hear or read stories unless you can back them up with a link please.

Personally I have no need for a booster to a shot that I refused to get from day one, I just want to hear real world stories whether they are good or bad.

Thank you.
Dan
Haven't had a booster shot. Sorry I can't answer your question.

Reactions: forktender
COVID vaccines and the subsequent boosters are safe and effective! Necessary too especially since winter is coming which means more people inside and more spread. Plus who knows what mutations are on the horizon. Best to be as protected as possible.

Booster for me was Moderna. I had a sore arm. The wife got the Pfizer booster. She had a mild fever for a day. Both are much better than COVID!

Mom, age 100.5, Pfizer booster 2 weeks ago, no issue.
Wife, Moderna booster 1 week ago, no issue. Both reported less injection site pain than with the second of the initial shots.
I'll get the Moderna booster at some point, but I'm not in a risk group so I don't yet qualify under the current guidelines.

Phizer booster about a week ago. More sure pain than the other two, tired and a little nauseous the next day which I’m good with as it indicates and immune response. Was not as tired as shot 2. I am 100% in the vaccination camp on this one with 98% of hospitalizations being non vax. That said yes I do realized there are quite a few breakthrough cases. That said what I read and info from my doc indicate most breakthroughs are much milder illness.

Mrs Bear & I had our Moderna Booster Shots on November 1st.
Only felt like bruises if you pushed on them.
December 29th will be a year since My Brother "Jim" (RIP) died of Covid, before the Vaccines were available to Old Vietnam Veterans, affected by Agent Orange.

Bear
✝️🇺🇸
1636815483120.jpg

Reactions: Bearcarver
About the same as the second shots here. we both got boosters of Moderna which is the same was the first two shots. I had a headache when i woke the next day...but I may have had a few bevs the night before too... My wife reacted the second dose a months back and had the same reaction to the booster but not quite as bad. achy, chills and such.

Reactions: forktender
I had a headache when i woke the next day...but I may have had a few bevs the night before too...
Percentage wise, we are the least vaccinated state so the health department will gladly set up a vaccination station at practically any location or venue if it's requested. A local small batch distillery ran a happy hour special for 3 hours one evening and offered a "shot for a shot" promotion. First drink was free if you got the jab, Then others were half price. They did offer taxi vouchers and they got a great turnout.

A local small batch distillery ran a happy hour special for 3 hours one evening and offered a "shot for a shot" promotion. First drink was free if you got the jab, Then others were half price. They did offer taxi vouchers and they got a great turnout.
I love that! Utah would never allow this...

My wife was getting her flu shot at Kroger and asked the guy about boosters because technically we are not eligible. He said "fill out the online form such that it allows you to schedule the appointment. No one is checking and they are throwing out unused doses everyday".

So we did and got the booster. I got my first vax back in January so I was kinda wanting the booster ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky