Covid booster shot problems,

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a hot topic with high chances of debate. But, every American child is required to have a list of required vaccinations before entering kindergarten. This doesnt seem all that different...to me. Im not taking a stand or saying anything to offend.
For sure a somewhat valid point.......here's a personal example of why that's different. While in army I was given a pretty controversial anthrax vaccine. I didn't want it but took it because I was heading to Iraq where a real threat of anthrax was. When exposed to anthrax mortality rate is very high. So it made sense and I took the chance. The same goes for alot of the vaccines we were required to take for school. Polio and measles and such are pretty nasty stuff. Mortality is very low for covid. I know people who have died and am very sympathetic but forcing people to take a vaccine that doesn't have much real time data for something that won't kill or harm most who get covid just doesn't seem like the right thing. But I can still appreciate someone who feels differently than me

Mrs Bear & I had our Moderna shots on March 1st.
Then we had our 2nd Moderna shots on March 29th.
Then we had our Moderna Booster shots on November 1st.
Now I'm Sterile-----

I guess that Vasectomy I had in 1975 could have had something to do with that, huh.

Bear

Last edited:
Any
Apparently the Commander of the Oklahoma National Guard thinks the same thing. Interested to see how that develops.
Tough one there. Technically they are Title 32 so I reckon it could be left up to the governor but if activated they become Title 10 and will have to fall in line with the Pentagon I guess

Reactions: Brokenhandle
I don't believe anyone should be forced to get vaccinated. It should be their own personal choice. Look at all the health care workers that worked tirelessly during the pandemic... now they are gonna fire them if they don't get vaccinated. It's not right. Too bad the pandemic happened during an election year... maybe it wouldn't have gotten so political.
I do agree there's probably not enough actually known about this virus yet. But depending on if you listen to fox News or somebody like cnn depends on what they say.
Either way... most people should be reminded or just plain told about respect! Not enough of that anymore! But then again you still can't fix stupid.

Ryan

I do agree there's probably not enough actually known about this virus yet. But depending on if you listen to fox News or somebody like cnn depends on what they say.
Either way... most people should be reminded or just plain told about respect! Not enough of that anymore! But then again you still can't fix stupid.
Well said!

Gentlemen be nice! And respect each other. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

And to be fair...I'm sure if you're one that has lost a loved one from getting the vaccine or had a severe reaction to it you would feel differently about it.

Ryan

Reactions: TNJAKE
Are you smoking the turkey this year?
Yes, I am cooking the turkey this year. Deep fried cajun turkeys. Multiple turkeys.

Everyone on SMF is invited regardless of vaccinations status.

You guys know where I live….just follow the sound of the banjos….

And bring beer.
EED43FB7-90EF-4786-9346-76F740F54A29.jpeg

Yes, I am cooking the turkey this year. Deep fried cajun turkeys. Multiple turkeys.

Everyone on SMF is invited regardless of vaccinations status.

You guys know where I live….just follow the sound of the banjos….

And bring beer.
View attachment 516267
That's funny! And my phone plays dueling banjos when I get a text! You should see some people look when they hear it lol!

Ryan

Reactions: yankee2bbq
Booster Thursday sore arm, so what is your interest if you are against the shots? trying to write a story or prove a point? lost a brother inlaw a little over a month ago who didn't take the shots. Is that real enough info, not heard but lived it, had it a year ago in August, got lucky and stayed out of the hospital. A lot of wanna be Dr posting stuff with only hearsay proof. I will take my chances with the shots and everybody is allowed to choose .
Ok, here's where I'm coming from, I know a family that just lost the father the day after his booster shot he had a heart attack and died. Not too strange, right? One week later his son had the booster shot, 3 days later he had a heart attack and died at the age of 43 yrs old, he was in great shape with no known health problems.

I have also lost friends to C19, three to be exact, two had both injections months prior and the third refused the shots. So there is no rhyme or reason to this Kung Flu crap. I didn't want to start a pissing match, I was just curious what others have noticed and if they have personally had any concern/ difficulty with the booster shot. I'm just trying to make sense out of a good friends death, I guess, I'm pissed about it still.

Last edited:
Ok, here's where I'm coming from, I know a family that just lost the father the after his booster shot he had a heart attack and died. Not too strange, right? One week later his son had the booster shot, 3 days later he had a heart attack and died at the age of 43 yrs old, he was in great shape with no known health problems.

I have also lost friends to C19, three to be exact, two had both injections months prior and the third refused the shots. So there is no rhyme or reason to this Kung Flu crap. I didn't want to start a pissing match, I was just curious what others have noticed and if they have personally had any concern/ difficulty with the booster shot. I'm just trying to make sense out of a good friends death, I guess, I'm pissed about it still.
That really sucks! For you, your friends family, and all the other people this has probably happened to.
In all reality the makers of the vaccines probably don't really care one way or another...but they do want to make millions

Ryan

This is a cooking site correct? i answered the question and would like to know why he was asking, he stated he was not going to take it so why ask if your mind is made up? my thought on the shots have always been it may not stop you from getting it but might help it not be as bad and keep you out of the hospital, Call it what you want he asked a question and I did too. I didn't say anything about HIPPA law either as I freely answered lol
I answered your question as well, and bit my tongue in order to do it civilly. (which is not my strong point).
The name of the sub forum is "General Discussion" lose the chip pal.

Last edited:
Any

Tough one there. Technically they are Title 32 so I reckon it could be left up to the governor but if activated they become Title 10 and will have to fall in line with the Pentagon I guess
Any

Well, if activated, they will be in a pay status...
Those not wanting to get vaccinated should submit their request for exemption and draw pay until a decision is made.

Sad thing about the vaccine mandate is that yesterday's heroes who don't want the shot are today's villains.

Yet, rapists, murderers, arsonists, drug dealers, thugs, robbers, gangbangers and so many others are watching cable tv, getting 3 meals a day, taking college classes while imprisoned, but their personal choice matters.

Anyone besides me see this a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky