Covid booster shot problems,

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're collecting data, I have two data points. My wife and I got our boosters (Moderna, same as our first two shots) on Thursday morning. Felt a little tired later on Thursday, and had sore arms and still tired most of Friday. By Friday evening, all back to normal. If we have any adverse reactions in the next few weeks while the vaccine is still doing its magic with our immune systems, we'll let you know. :emoji_wink:

Booster Thursday sore arm, so what is your interest if you are against the shots? trying to write a story or prove a point? lost a brother inlaw a little over a month ago who didn't take the shots. Is that real enough info, not heard but lived it, had it a year ago in August, got lucky and stayed out of the hospital. A lot of wanna be Dr posting stuff with only hearsay proof. I will take my chances with the shots and everybody is allowed to choose .
My brother in law lost is aunt from covid. 60 years old no prior health conditions and FULLY vaccinated. His mother also ended up in the ICU fully Vaccinated. My sister (fully vaccinated) got extremely sick. Mean while my 6 month old niece and brother in law who weren't vaccinated go not where near as sick. Real life too. Myself wife and both kids were at the same party where all the vaccinated people ended up with covid. Again real life. But you are right. All those wanna be doctors pushing things with only hear say proof. That we can agree on.

My brother in law lost is aunt from covid. 60 years old no prior health conditions and FULLY vaccinated. His mother also ended up in the ICU fully Vaccinated. My sister (fully vaccinated) got extremely sick. Mean while my 6 month old niece and brother in law who weren't vaccinated go not where near as sick. Real life too. Myself wife and both kids were at the same party where all the vaccinated people ended up with covid. Again real life. But you are right. All those wanna be doctors pushing things with only hear say proof. That we can agree on.

The name of the game is probabilities. A small number of vaccinated people will get covid and die, many more will get covid and feel extremely sick, but many many more who get covid will have only mild or no symptoms. By the same token, there are many unvaccinated people who get covid and don't get very sick, but many do get sick, and some die--more than vaccinated people. There are no guarantees, but I'd rather stack the deck in my favor by being vaccinated.

Something that blows my mind and is really confusing is with the quarantine times. I had to stay home for 14 days after 1 false positive test and 2 negative tests. Meanwhile my sisters husband and daughter both tested positive with PCR tests and she was aloud to go to work, in a nursing home. All because she was vaccinated. Then she ended up with the stuff 4 days later. So it seems like it's ok to spread covid as long as your vaccinated, just not unvaccinated?

I hope they don't accidently give your kids adult shots /shrug just sayin this threads about as popular as a trump biden thread. I will keep my medical status to myself. Notice 0 nlf mlb soccer nascar athletes been hospitalized for covid. Just sayin.

let's BBQ :<)

Reactions: Lorenzoid
Something that blows my mind and is really confusing is with the quarantine times. I had to stay home for 14 days after 1 false positive test and 2 negative tests. Meanwhile my sisters husband and daughter both tested positive with PCR tests and she was aloud to go to work, in a nursing home. All because she was vaccinated. Then she ended up with the stuff 4 days later. So it seems like it's ok to spread covid as long as your vaccinated, just not unvaccinated?

I don't have an answer, but again, the people who make these rules are basing them on probabilities. As I understand it, a vaccinated person's body reduces the viral load--the amount of virus--pretty quickly after the initial peak. On average, vaccinated persons with some detectable amount of virus in their bodies are less likely to spread it to others than unvaccinated persons who also tested positive. I'm not saying the rules are fair or make complete sense, but the rules reflect someone's best guess as to how to minimize spread while allowing essential workers to keep doing their jobs. I'm sure your sister's daughter wore a mask--maybe an N95--and took other precautions in the nursing home.

Reactions: Buckeye02
The name of the game is probabilities. A small number of vaccinated people will get covid and die, many more will get covid and feel extremely sick, but many many more who get covid will have only mild or no symptoms. By the same token, there are many unvaccinated people who get covid and don't get very sick, but many do get sick, and some die--more than vaccinated people. There are no guarantees, but I'd rather stack the deck in my favor by being vaccinated.
Yea I've went back and forth. Thing is they are vaccinating for a strain that isn't even prevalent anymore. Thats why delta spread the way it did. I was reading this morning that Vermont is one of the highest vaccinated states in the country. They seen a 42% rise in cases the last 2 weeks. Some of the highest in the country.Also a rise in hospitalization. Nothing about that makes any sense.

Reactions: Lorenzoid
Grew up in the 50's/60' vaccines became well known and almost everybody accepted the need for getting them especially for smallpox, measles, TB & chickenpox. Today there are many that haven't had that education / exposure and to some degree are questioning their validity. Now for example measles is on a comeback. Hey it has always since the dawn of time been a personal decision but that decision should be made with the knowledge of how effective vaccines have been over the years. They work, but they have never been a guaranteed 100% solution, but most are in the high 90s. Ignore the history and the future is bound to repeat itself. For us it was a no brainer, we both got the pfizer jabs. Had sore arms for a day or two, and got the booster when the CDC authorized it after so many months away from the 2 shots. Again with minimal effects. Always better to gamble with a deck stacked to 90+% then 0%, JMTC.

BTW, some info on the Delta - note the percentage of those in the hospital that are unvaccinated

Last edited:
Reactions: jcam222
I'll be getting mine next week as I got the Fluzone HD shot on the 1st. I asked the pharmacist about getting the flu shot and booster at the same time and she said, "I know the CDC is saying that you can get both at the same time but as pharmacists we're highly recommending that you wait 2-3 weeks between the two".

My pulmonologist and GP both agree that according to the symptoms I had thats its most likely that I had a mild case of Covid the middle of last May. I was fully vaccinated the end of March. Low grade fever, nausea, O2 level bouncing between 89-90 ("normal" is 93) and crazy "brain fog", and congestion among other things. Was heading downtown to pick up some meds for the dog the second day, stopped outside the vets and was almost out of the 4runner when I realized it was still running and in gear! I called the vet, paid over the phone and told them that it'd be best if they left them on the bench outside the office. It lasted for almost 2 weeks and was another 2-3 before I could think clearly. I kept an eye on my O2 through out. I stayed home after the vet incident and wasn't going to drive anywhere to get tested.

Yea I've went back and forth. Thing is they are vaccinating for a strain that isn't even prevalent anymore. Thats why delta spread the way it did. I was reading this morning that Vermont is one of the highest vaccinated states in the country. They seen a 42% rise in cases the last 2 weeks. Some of the highest in the country.Also a rise in hospitalization. Nothing about that makes any sense.

Vermont may have let their guard down, relaxing the restrictions as the weather turned cold and people are gathering indoors. And then they may be a victim of their own success: since so many people got vaccinated early on, the remaining people who didn't get vaccinated also didn't catch covid when people in other states were, so there are people who are neither vaccinated nor have acquired immunity. We don't really know what's going on with Vermont, but those are possibilities. Contrast that with, say, Florida, where a combination of people having been vaccinated, people having acquired immunity from having had covid, and an outdoor lifestyle has gotten them through this thing pretty well.

Reactions: Buckeye02
Yea and I dont fault anyone for wanting to get the shot. I just wish people would return the favor. When someone finds out you aren't vaccinated they immediately get nasty. Just like one of the guys in this thread. People just cant seem to keep their noses where they belong.

We both got our Pfizer boosters about two weeks ago. Other than a little bit of sore arm the next morning no issues.Same as the first two.
Yes you can still get it even if vaccinated. One of our neighbors got it about a month ago and had to spend a night in the hospital and felt like crap for a few days but she lived. 78 years old. One of my wife's sisters got it (playing cards!) and felt terrible for a few days but is getting better at home. Also in her late 70s.
If they hadn't been vaccinated they might have died.
I have a pretty robust immune system but my wife has some COPD issues and we're not taking chances.
It's free and our doctor recommended it.
I do believe, however, that it's a personal choice and that shouldn't be compromised....

This is a cooking site correct? i answered the question and would like to know why he was asking, he stated he was not going to take it so why ask if your mind is made up? my thought on the shots have always been it may not stop you from getting it but might help it not be as bad and keep you out of the hospital, Call it what you want he asked a question and I did too. I didn't say anything about HIPPA law either as I freely answered lol

Percentage wise, we are the least vaccinated state so the health department will gladly set up a vaccination station at practically any location or venue if it's requested. A local small batch distillery ran a happy hour special for 3 hours one evening and offered a "shot for a shot" promotion. First drink was free if you got the jab, Then others were half price. They did offer taxi vouchers and they got a great turnout.

That does sound like a great promotion, and I'm not surprised they had a large turnout.

As far as CV19 vaccination promos go, the most unique one I'm aware of was in an article I read a couple days ago about a legal brothel in Austria that's offering "Vaccinations with Benefits". I understand that there was quite a turnout.

• Haha
Reactions: GaryHibbert
That does sound like a great promotion, and I'm not surprised they had a large turnout.

As far as CV19 vaccination promos go, the most unique one I'm aware of was in an article I read a couple days ago about a legal brothel in Austria that's offering "Vaccinations with Benefits". I understand that there was quite a turnout.
Meanwhile Austria's mandatory lockdown of millions of unvaccinated will go into effect next week.......people vaxed or unvaxed shouldn't be ok with that

This is a hot topic with high chances of debate. But, every American child is required to have a list of required vaccinations before entering kindergarten. This doesnt seem all that different...to me. Im not taking a stand or saying anything to offend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky