Couple wings and onions with bell peppers.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
By golly, that looks like Jake! Recognize him from another thread of yours.
And the food is looking great!

Reactions: flatbroke
interesting to get them that crispy looking at 300 for 55 mins. On my Kettle with the Vortex I am running it very hot, but cooking indirect and can't seem to get skin that crispy.
I do not know the exact temp at the grate level as I did not have any probes. The wings were positioned where they get the most heat/ air flow as that is where the reverse flow plate transfers up and back toward the stack. Kind of like the microwave area of the pit for air movement. I really should place a probe there for fun and see. But it’s working so well as is i didn’t bother. And I have been using my vortex in kettle also as I never could get chicken the way I liked it on the Lang. But this has been amazing. Game changer for sure.

Reactions: smokin peachey
Felt like eating wings today. Wife cut up some onions and bell peppers. I added some tallow to them when she was not looking and seasoned. Had 1 dozen wings and Let them rip for 55 min at 300 Ish. The veggies went for 1.5 hrs.
Wings were seasoned with Kosmo dirty bird and killer bee. Very nice combo
Anyway. Nothing fancy but for the wife and I it was plenty. We still have 8 wings left for tomorrow as two each filled us up View attachment 661097View attachment 661098View attachment 661099View attachment 661100View attachment 661101View attachment 661102View attachment 661103
@fltabroke what was the time and temp on those onions and peppers?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky