Couple briskets..mmmmm...BEEF!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

turnandburn

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Mar 12, 2013
Midwest City, Oklahoma
First off I'm going to see if this is going to work. Lol. Haven't been able to post lately as my laptop crapped out on me and I just smashed my windows phone cuz it was as useful as my computer at work. But I'm back on an iOS phone and gunna see if I can't give y'all a little something to look at... Lol.

Anyways I did a couple briskets for the OU vs. TX game... Here we go.
mupena8e.jpg

ybe3aqus.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks really good! Are you gonna keep us in suspense or tell us how you did it? Temps, times, methods?

Lol. I guess I should since the post was successful. I rubbed it down with my brisket rub which is nothing special. Like to keep it basic..rub consisted of SPOG with a little paprika added to it. Was a first time with the paprika for me. But all worked out.

I chose to run these ones at 265* and as usual I just wrapped one in butcher paper at 165 IT and one unwrapped. My buddy wanted to see the difference. He went halfers with me on the brisket. (P.s. He's a SOONER fan) I hit them pretty hard with smoke, been doing it enough I know how to use the various types of smoke. Never any bitterness in my pits or cabinets. Just meat and wood smoke taste.

Anyways I pulled the smaller one at 195* and wrapped it in foil and heavy towels then of course into the cooler waiting for it. Then for the bigger one I pulled it at 202/3...probed just right. I actually grabbed the point while wrapped in butcher paper and separated part of it by hand while trying to pull it out from the point. Lol. Definitely sign of being done. Hope I have covered all angles. If not feel free to ask. Love to give back to the community that has given me soo much.

Also my buddy was sour about the game results but his family told me they have NEVER had a better brisket. That's what it's all about. Love feeding family and friends. Also they told me next time they'll buy a bigger brisket. Cuz there's disappeared rather quickly. The small one was 6.5lbs. And the bigger one was 8.5lbs. Enough to feed 2 BEEF hungry families. Lol.

[quote name="Mdboatbum" url="/t/151785/couple-briskets-mmmmm-beef#post_1084567"]
Looks really good! Are you gonna keep us in suspense or tell us how you did it? Temps, times, methods?
Lol. I guess I should since the post was successful. I rubbed it down with my brisket rub which is nothing special. Like to keep it basic..rub consisted of SPOG with a little paprika added to it. Was a first time with the paprika for me. But all worked out. I chose to run these ones at 265* and as usual I just wrapped one in butcher paper at 165 IT and one unwrapped. My buddy wanted to see the difference. He went halfers with me on the brisket. (P.s. He's a SOONER fan) I hit them pretty hard with smoke, been doing it enough I know how to use the various types of smoke. Never any bitterness in my pits or cabinets. Just meat and wood smoke taste. Anyways I pulled the smaller one at 195* and wrapped it in foil and heavy towels then of course into the cooler waiting for it. Then for the bigger one I pulled it at 202/3...probed just right. I actually grabbed the point while wrapped in butcher paper and separated part of it by hand while trying to pull it out from the point. Lol. Definitely sign of being done. Hope I have covered all angles. If not feel free to ask. Love to give back to the community that has given me soo much. Also my buddy was sour about the game results but his family told me they have NEVER had a better brisket. That's what it's all about. Love feeding family and friends. Also they told me next time they'll buy a bigger brisket. Cuz there's disappeared rather quickly. The small one was 6.5lbs. And the bigger one was 8.5lbs. Enough to feed 2 BEEF hungry families. Lol. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Also this was ran with 100% mesquite wood 100% of the time. From start to finish. And plenty of it. Gotta love it.

Managed to find a couple more pics in my cloud. I'm slowly getting back up to speed guys and gals. Bare with me. Lol.
5ehepyry.jpg

9y9ymesy.jpg

I think that's it for now. Hopefully not.

T&B,
Nice job on the brisket! I too like to smoke 100% of the time. Not sure if it really makes a difference, but the compliments always seem more abundant when I do that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky