• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Country Style

beretta92_fs2003

Fire Starter
Joined May 30, 2008
I want to smoke some country style ribs but I have no clue how to do them. How long  should I smoke them for? Should I rub them or soak in a marinade? Thanks guys.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
I don't do country style ribs often but when I do I do them 3-2-1 and I use a rub on them

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
Just did some bout 2 weeks ago. Let them sit in a mix of buttermilk and Tony Chacharo's Creole seasoning for about 10 hrs., then smoked them till the internal temp was at 175° (took about 2 hrs. or so). Super tastey!

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
I cook mine the same way I cook my other ribs. Rub them down then do a 2-2-1 and they are soo tender. You don't need to do a 2-2-1 as they are done before that but that just what I usually do. A few weeks back I put on a package I had in the freezer for a last minute supper and I did a 2-1 and they were still super tender and had a wonderful taste. I love CSR's.

smokin relaxin steve

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 16, 2010
I do them every now and than... i do the 2-2-1 like rbranstner... Last time i did them instead of rub a put honey and minced garlic... & than i continued to glaze them w/ honey each hour... when i wrapped them went a little heavier w/ the honey and added a bit more garlic... & finally when all was said an done i hit them on the serving tray with.... you guessed it!!!! more honey... They were awesome! we had them for an Oktoberfest Party i was throwing...

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

I would also smoke them using the 2-2-1 mathod.

larry maddock

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 27, 2005
i believe---

that is ---

i m o

the original C S R  was what was left after  someone cut the meat out for boneless pork loin...

they then took the bones with  a little meat on them and bbq'ed them...

smoking was even better.....they are absolutely delicious smoked

any how that what i do when i buy a whole loin ...

i then make 2 small roasts from the 1 rib and 2 loin end....

these are usually crock pot or smoke material

[rib end or half of boneless loin goes  for buckboard canadian bacon]

most of this goes on homemade pizza and sandys...

boneless loin end goes for varios baked casseroles  or shake and bake deals....

most of country style ribs   they sell now  [at least in stl area] are cut from  butt or shoulder....

i prefer to just do a couple of pork steaks.......i can do 4 in my rib rack so it doesnt take so much room....s

so i dont buy any  C S R's---but i hope yall enjoy yours----its all good

beretta92_fs2003

Fire Starter
Joined May 30, 2008
Thanks for all the help guys. I am putting them on the MES in about an hour. If the wife lets me touch her camera I will post somw q-view.

beretta92_fs2003

Fire Starter
Joined May 30, 2008
Thanks for the help guys!! I smoked them for 5 hours with no foiling and they turned out GREAT!!  This is with Jack Daniels bbq sauce. Did not have time to make Billbo's sauce it would have been better.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.