Country Style Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

grinder

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 21, 2006
Central NY
Looking for suggestions for smoking them. I've used the 1-2-3 method with rack ribs, with great results. Has anyone tried the 1-2-3 method with country style ribs? I'm smoking 60 lbs., so it would be a bit of a hassle, messing with the tin foil. Any suggestions? Thanks, Grinder

Hey grinder,

There's a thread by Doug123 in the Pork Forum called, "Pictures of my first ribs." It is definitly country style ribs (sliced butt). He gives a rub recipe that he used. Said he went 3/2/1 with them and the pictures look fabulous.

I just made some the other day I thought turned out good.

I used yellow mustard and rub, then I put them on a very hot grill and kept turning them every few minutes so they didn't catch on fire. I grilled them maybe 10-15 minutes. All I was doing was bringing the internal temp to 160.

Then I took them all and put them in a foil roaster pan. I poured in some apple juice, foiled the top of the pan tightly, then I put them in a big toaster oven we have on 'warm' for 2 hours or so.

I thought they turned out excellent.

The apple juice really tendered them up and they had a great flavor.

I did this because I had rack ribs on the smoker and wanted to give them my full attention. Had guests coming over and the country style were basically in the freezer and I made them to make sure we had enough food.

But like I said they were good.

Guess that might be tough for 60 pounds but just thought I would throw that out there.

I did use the 321 method before, and they turned out good, but I thought the country style ended up a little too soft and porky for 321 for my taste anyway. I liked the grill method better.

Good luck

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky