1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Country Style Ribs - Two Ways

Discussion in 'Pork' started by illini40, Jan 4, 2019.

1. ab canuck

ab canuck Master of the Pit OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Great looking CSRs!!! Those are a family favorite around here, I have never smoked any but now.... You have me thinking... Mmmm mmmm. Like.
    Congrats on the carousel ride.

2. illini40

illini40 Smoking Fanatic

Thanks!

3. FIVE STARS!!!!

4. illini40

illini40 Smoking Fanatic

Thanks!

5. Used your cooking time and temps last night on some CSR's and they turned out fantastic. I only ate one though, gonna cut up the rest with some leftover brisket for a pot of chili tonight. It was really tough not to eat them all. Congratz on the carousel!

6. PAS

PAS Smoke Blower

They look great! I have never tried them yet, is it worth cutting away some of the fat?

7. illini40

illini40 Smoking Fanatic

Awesome - great to hear that they turned out. Anything you would change? It was my first time doing CSRs.

Thank you. I would leave the fat on. These just still had some more fat than I am used to, but nothing bad.

8. They look good. I have always grilled them. That eliminates much of the fat. I never baste them with sauce until nearly done. Always juicy and tender. Gonna try the smoking method soon.

9. Nothing I would change with the timing illini40, I bought another 2 1/2 lbs to do after the weekend. I'm going to stick to 2 hours smoked, 1 hour in the foil then I sauce and finish in the oven around 390-400 for 10 minutes in the same foil I had them wrapped in.

10. yankee2bbq

yankee2bbq Smoking Fanatic

Nice job on the Country Style Ribs!
    Point!