Country Style Pork Ribs Today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meowey

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 16, 2006
Northern NY (Adirondacks)
Folks,

Today I did my first smoked country style pork ribs. I covered them with my rub. Smoked with hickory at 220-240F. Sprayed after the first hour, and every half hour after that with a 3 to 1 mixture of apple juice and Jack Daniels. After 4 hours I foiled and continued to cook for about another hour and a half. Ribs were falling of the bone and fork tender, moist, smokey and darn tasteful. The boss told me that I could do these again any ol' time. (I think she might have liked them!)

Bare ribs (So you can see the cut)
csrbeforeva7.jpg

Rubbed and ready
csrrubbedud1.jpg

One hour into smoke
csrhour1ef9.jpg

Two hours (See Dutch's Wicked Beans)
csrhour2ls1.jpg

Unwrapped and Ready
csrafterfoilen5.jpg

Plated and Delicious
csrplategk3.jpg

I appreciate all the things that I have learned here from you fine folks.

Do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Thanks for fixing us a plate meowey ! 8) It all looks fantastic, I think you should follow your wife's advice.
wink.gif

Looks like great CS ribs Meowey. Love that smoke ring too!! Those wouldn't be "Wicked Baked Beans" would they? :D

Hey Meowey, Looks good enough to eat. I've never done contry style ribs before. They sell them up here I just never think about doing them. A question for Dutch: What part of the animal do the country stype ribs come from?

Joe

Dutch,

Yes, those are "Wicked Beans" They are fantastic. Everyone who has tried them have raved about how good they are. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

Meowey

I'm glad you folks are enjoying this thread. It is an old one, but as I looked back at the pics, I think I need to look for some CSRibs at the market, and do this some more!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Meowey:

Old thread or not, they still look tasty. Nice smoke ring and bark.

And I haven't found anything I've smoked yet that isn't made even better then having a helping of Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans next to it.
They were a big hit at my house this weekend and I just had some tonight as well, with the few ribs that were leftover.

Has anyone tried freezing them?

Great looking ribs Meowey those look different than the ones we have down here. All of these here dont have the rib bone in them kinda like thick pork steak cuts. and they dry out very easy.

Gonna finally try these this weekend on the smoker. I always did them on the grill. Anything been fine tuned there Meowey?? Still shoot for 5 to 5 1/2 hours??

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky