Country-Style Breakfast Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You can back the salt down to 6 oz. But for simplicity sake then add it to 2 oz black pepper and 1 oz of ground sage. Use that mixture at 1/2 oz per lb of meat... or as SmokinEdge SmokinEdge stated use 2 oz mix for your 4 lbs meat.

Ryan
Thanks! I did back down the salt to 6 oz., but kept the overall mix rate. Might even back the salt down a bit more. Also going to add red pepper flakes to some for a little heat.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Thanks! I did back down the salt to 6 oz., but kept the overall mix rate. Might even back the salt down a bit more. Also going to add red pepper flakes to some for a little heat.
That's the nice thing about Pop's recipe... you can tailor it to your own tastes. You could up the pepper in it as well. We played around with it a few years ago... just takes time... never ate a bad batch, just found what we liked the best.

Ryan

Reactions: GatorAGR

Attachments

• 263EA852-068F-49F6-B17C-6A75CB0BA57C.jpeg
    263EA852-068F-49F6-B17C-6A75CB0BA57C.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 8
This recipe is EXACTLY the kind of sausage you get buying from a butcher or small producer here in Ohio. Very classic old school flavor but yeah, sorta mild. I think most people that buy it are not frying it up for breakfast and use for various things like stuffing/cabbage rolls/meatloaf/meatballs/etc. As was said tho, great starting point to tweak into your own breakfast formula.

Reactions: GatorAGR
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky