Couldn't Stand It, " Ribs Today "

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This batch turned out just like I like them, tender with a little tug, Last ribs were a little too tender for me, falling off the bone, wife kids and grand kids like them falling off,  Me and my  #2 son like a little tug, Ended up using most of the bag of lump (pretty small pieces in the bottom of bag, only used 2 splits of hickory, the smoke was just right, very mild.

Gary 

Looks good?

Hard to tell from that pic?

The empty plates tell the real story.

Nice day with 20 mph winds?

I seem to remember those?

Good luck and good smoking.

Those ribs look great to me!  We had a heat wave here where it got to 43 degrees............I wish I would have had the time to fire up the smoker but I always seem to need to plan my smokes well in advance so as to not get in trouble with other people's plans.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It was just one of those days, Seemed like a good day for Ribs. I usually plan my smokes, but sometimes you just say it's a smoking kind of day. These were Baby back that were very meaty. Smoked uncovered for 3 hours, wrapped in foil for about an hour, unwrapped and back on the smoker for about 2 more hours. Pulled them off with the intention of letting them rest for an hour -- Wrong --

Started disappearing as soon as I brought them in. I said if y'all will wait and let them rest for a while they will be better, I was told there just right now "lets eat" 

Gary

The smoke flavor was very mild, like it is supposed to be. The hickory we have been using has seasoned for a little over a year now, real mellow

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky