could use some advice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

davidr101

Original poster
Apr 21, 2015
Hey guys a couple of years ago i made a video of me smoking chicken wings, i am going to be using my smoker to make a lot more videos this summer. I was wondering what you guys think I can work on in terms of smoking as well as video quality for future help. thank you so much!

If you want to continue making videos to post, investing in a camera stabilizer is a decent idea... it helps with the "blair witch project" feel of the videos...

Reactions: SonnyE
OK, I hope you have your Big Boy shorts on, this is going to sting.

Number one: Be slower with your narration. I don't want to listen to a ratchet or a machine gun narrative. Relax... sit back... and talk to me in a way I don't have to concentrate to gather in what you want to convey.

Number two: Stop carrying the camera around. Set it, and forget it. Let the video play along, you explain as things progress. Nobody likes jittery camera work. It looks amateurish.
If you ever saw "The Blair Witch Chronicles", you saw horrible amateurish video work. Don't be that guy!

Slow down... Show some steps to connect your video segments... Consider some fade out, fade in between scenes...
All of that can be done with free software. Look at MS Movie Maker. I've used it to create and publish video runs for YouTube. Play with it, work with it.

But mostly, relax. Think Low and Slow. We want to be two buds, sippin suds, sittin on the Patio makin Bar-B-Que, and just talking about what is going on. Just relax, and explain it to us.
And don't try and make it in a single shot. It take several takes, then pick the best one for your video.

If you'd like, I can refer you to what I consider great video for training and friendly presentation.

Ha, Ha, I see CPanderson beat me to the Blair punchline. I was next door helping my neighbors.

Reactions: cpanderson
You make them and we will watch them. Here I am checking on progress with a bore scope. No video, me just refusing to open the smoker. I have to find a heat proof scope and learn to do videos. This could be fun!
IMG_0576.jpg

Got to agree, slow down a bit. Plan what you will be talking about and lay out some bullet points or key words that help you remember. I taught for years, some classes lecturing for 4 hours. You need to have your material prepared to pull that off and hold the kids attention...JJ

Reactions: SonnyE and DueNorth
Then you have 2 hands to "talk" with....

I can relate to that Dave.
Sometimes I need two hands to signal other drivers in L.A. California traffic while towing heavy trailers.
Some of the Brain Dead don't realize how close they come to me hitting 4 Low and going Big Foot on them.

End of Problem...
MN2-630x392.png

:emoji_wink::emoji_laughing:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky