Costco Packer with Burnt Ends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

briggy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 27, 2014
Ohio
It looks like fall is finally hitting in Ohio with a high of 65 today.  Feels like a nice day to sit around the WSM!  Picked up a 15lb prime packer for $2.89 a pound on my way home from work last night.  If you have a Costco near that carries packers, you really can't go wrong!

Here is the flat separated, simple rub of EVOO and S, P, G:

Here is the point intended for burnt ends later:

The WSM is running at 240 with Royal Oak hardwood lump with hickory and cherry.  More to come!

Reactions: disco
Can't wait to see how this turns out.

:popcorn

Great start!

Al
Thanks Al!
Oh yum.. looking good
Thank you Lemans!
Bring on the burnt ends! Gonna be tasty!
I sure hope so DS!
Can't wait to see how this turns out.

popcorn.gif
You and me both!  
yahoo.gif

Looks good so far --- waiting for the money shots
grilling_smilie.gif

The Costco by me doesn't always have whole packers which can make things difficult

Last edited:
Early stall at 154......lasted 2:45, finally started moving again.

Those look awesome! I'm a big costco meat fan as well.  I like the simple rub.  Always best in my opinion. b

Those look awesome! I'm a big costco meat fan as well.  I like the simple rub.  Always best in my opinion. b
Couldn't agree on Costco for the price more.  Just hit 162 so we have awhile to go.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky