Corned Beef Sourdough Chaffle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Had some left over corned beef made from a flat and put on a sourdough chaffle. Man was this good. Good reason to break open new mustard. This the only chaffle recipe I found I like. It is low carb. I normally do rye but did not have any rye starter ready and been wanting to try a regular anyway. My habanero garlic pickles really gotten good with time. Think this recipe a keeper. Big Thanks to Steve for getting me started.

20210803_124511.jpg 20210803_124940.jpg 20210803_124436.jpg 20210803_125042.jpg 20210803_125047.jpg

Getting a rye starter ready for tomorrow. All ready getting starter up to speed to make Al's rye bread for a friend. Another great recipe. Just 10 grams starter. Add 10 grams rye flour and water. Add another 10 rye and water tonight and be ready tomorrow.

20210803_130452.jpg 20210803_130537.jpg 20210803_130757.jpg

Chaffle recipe:

1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1 TB pecan flour
1 TB pork rind crumbs
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 large egg
1 TB rye sourdough starter
1/2 TB brown mustard
1/4 tsp caraway seeds

Combine mozzarella, pecan flour, pork rind crumbs and baking powder. For the best texture, do this in a food processor and pulse 7-8 times until your dry ingredients look like bread crumbs. Add the egg, rye sourdough starter and the brown mustard. Mix or process until you have a mostly smooth batter. Sprinkle in the caraway seeds and mix or pulse very briefly to incorporate.

Cook the batter in a waffle maker until you no longer see steam coming out (roughly 5 minutes).

Last edited:
Looks good and and interesting Bread substitute...JJ

I tell you this is the best sandwich bread sub that I have had. Its actually good. I use only dried starter now a days need some. Usually ready to bake bread with in 2 days. I wound be more than happy to send some dried to who ever wants some. It is three old sourdough starters mixed together from Dan and I.

Reactions: Wurstmeister
You know when your sourdough starter container with just a small amount blows the top off its going good.

Looks great !! It’s been awhile since I’ve made chaffles as I’ve been using the Aunt Millies carb smart products. I do love rye though. I have some of your starter and need to get on this next time I smoke some pastrami. How many carbs are in the starter ?

Looks real good from my screen.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky