Corned Beef Sourdough Chaffle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Had some left over corned beef made from a flat and put on a sourdough chaffle. Man was this good. Good reason to break open new mustard. This the only chaffle recipe I found I like. It is low carb. I normally do rye but did not have any rye starter ready and been wanting to try a regular anyway. My habanero garlic pickles really gotten good with time. Think this recipe a keeper. Big Thanks to Steve for getting me started.

20210803_124511.jpg 20210803_124940.jpg 20210803_124436.jpg 20210803_125042.jpg 20210803_125047.jpg

Getting a rye starter ready for tomorrow. All ready getting starter up to speed to make Al's rye bread for a friend. Another great recipe. Just 10 grams starter. Add 10 grams rye flour and water. Add another 10 rye and water tonight and be ready tomorrow.

20210803_130452.jpg 20210803_130537.jpg 20210803_130757.jpg

Chaffle recipe:

1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1 TB pecan flour
1 TB pork rind crumbs
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 large egg
1 TB rye sourdough starter
1/2 TB brown mustard
1/4 tsp caraway seeds

Combine mozzarella, pecan flour, pork rind crumbs and baking powder. For the best texture, do this in a food processor and pulse 7-8 times until your dry ingredients look like bread crumbs. Add the egg, rye sourdough starter and the brown mustard. Mix or process until you have a mostly smooth batter. Sprinkle in the caraway seeds and mix or pulse very briefly to incorporate.

Cook the batter in a waffle maker until you no longer see steam coming out (roughly 5 minutes).

Last edited:
Looks good and and interesting Bread substitute...JJ

I tell you this is the best sandwich bread sub that I have had. Its actually good. I use only dried starter now a days need some. Usually ready to bake bread with in 2 days. I wound be more than happy to send some dried to who ever wants some. It is three old sourdough starters mixed together from Dan and I.

Reactions: Wurstmeister
You know when your sourdough starter container with just a small amount blows the top off its going good.

Looks great !! It’s been awhile since I’ve made chaffles as I’ve been using the Aunt Millies carb smart products. I do love rye though. I have some of your starter and need to get on this next time I smoke some pastrami. How many carbs are in the starter ?

Looks real good from my screen.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky