Corned beef cheeks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Medina Joe

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 6, 2018
Ohio
So I picked up a few beef cheeks on sale. Since it's March and everyone seems to be making corned beef I though I would give it a try. I used pops brine & added pickling spices. The have been soaking since last Friday 22nd. I have 2 more day to make 10 days in the brine. Sunday I will smoke them for 3 hr at 200 degrees and then steam to the IT reaches 205.

IMG_0336.jpeg
IMG_0337.jpeg

That should be delicious... Cheeks have such an intense beef flavor.... If the cheeks I can buy weren't "butchered" by an idiot, I'd be doing a lot more with them....

Reactions: Medina Joe
That should be delicious... Cheeks have such an intense beef flavor.... If the cheeks I can buy weren't "butchered" by an idiot, I'd be doing a lot more with them....

Dave, I love smoking them. Finding a good butcher is ruff. I was surprised to see cheeks at Walmart. I usually call the butcher and order them 2.99lb. I just had beef cheeks pierogies at Michael Symon's restaurant lola's. That is my next dish.
https://www.thedailymeal.com/recipe...erogies-wild-mushrooms-and-horseradish-recipe

So I picked up a few beef cheeks on sale. Since it's March and everyone seems to be making corned beef I though I would give it a try. I used pops brine & added pickling spices. The have been soaking since last Friday 22nd. I have 2 more day to make 10 days in the brine. Sunday I will smoke them for 3 hr at 200 degrees and then steam to the IT reaches 205.

View attachment 389282 View attachment 389283
Joe, those look great.

What butcher did you get them at? Havent seen them offered in Northeast Ohio...would love to try something new.

Reactions: Medina Joe
Joe, those look great.

What butcher did you get them at? Havent seen them offered in Northeast Ohio...would love to try something new.
I found them at Walmart. I get them at Keller Meats most of the time. If you order them tell them whole cheeks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky