Copy Cat Costco hot dog recipe??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Homers1951

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
I recently tried these hot dogs and just love them. Anyone out there have a recipe for them, like a copycat version? Thanks in advance.

Out here on the Left Coast they serve Hebrew National all-beef dogs at Costco - I'm sure they're the same nationwide.

Sorry, no recipe, but at this will give a context to someone who might.

Out here on the Left Coast they serve Hebrew National all-beef dogs at Costco - I'm sure they're the same nationwide.

Sorry, no recipe, but at this will give a context to someone who might.
That's interesting as a Jewish friend of mine will send me the recipe for those hot dogs, copy cat style. Your info will help me out. Thanks very much. Barry

The plot thickens....

"Up until 2008, the hot dogs being served at the Costco food court were standard-issue Hebrew National all-beef, kosher hot dogs. Around that time though, the supply of those kosher hot dogs began to dwindle, and costs began to rise. That's when Costco decided to step up its hot dog game even further, and start throwing some of their annual operating budget at moving their hot dog manufacturing operations in-house. "

Read More: https://www.mashed.com/143313/this-is-why-costcos-hot-dogs-are-so-delicious/?utm_campaign=clip

Reactions: DanMcG
We love the Hebrew National Bratwurst.
A few times a year Publix has them on sale as a BOGO, we stock up. I really like them better than my own hot dog recipe.
Al

Every time I shopped at Costco I used to buy Kosher sausage (hot dog) and loved it.... Not as often now because of bread limitations.... Dave, thank you very much for sharing the link. I need to get 28mm sheep casing from Syracuse for this project.

Reactions: daveomak
I'm not sure the original poster wasn't referring to the raw Kirkland branded hot dogs you buy in a bundled package of 3 dozen inside the Costco??? They're not quite the same as what's served in the "food court" (definitely smaller) but are a wonderful hot dog. And I'm not one to use that adjective much with hot dogs!

ok i looked up all the conversions for grams to tsp n tbsps.. each is different density so each is different. i will use cornstarch instead of potato starch{i thought potatoe four but nooo} my daughter brought her hd kitchen aid so i can mix. oh gonna do one batch with sheep casings n smoke em..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky