Cooking some Rib Eye Steaks Sous Vide Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

emuleman

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 8, 2016
southern California
Well my wife and daughter left a few days ago to visit some relatives in Alabama.  They will be gone for 10 days.  I am left at home with my 9 year old son Kyle, so I thought I would have him help me cook a few Rib Eye Steaks, Sous Vide Style,  to help him get over missing Mom and little sister.  Who Knows, he might actually learn something too, which would be a bonus.

My son Kyle isn't a real big fan of eating Steaks, so I was taking a bit of a risk attempting this.  But when all was said and done he loved it!  I had to cut his steak into bite sized pieces, but he then proceeded to eat the whole plate!  My goal is to turn him into a Carnivore, and with these Rib Eye Steaks I am well on my way in accomplishing that goal.

I also made a short video showing you the whole easy and simple process for cooking steaks perfectly with my new toy, the Sous Vide Machine.  If you are still on the fence about investing in a Sous Vide machine, being able to cook steaks so perfectly is worth the price alone if you ask me.  Thanks for watching!

Last edited:
Reactions: SmokinAl
Nice job on the steaks!

The SV really does cook them perfectly!!

icon14.gif

Al

He's been on the fence about getting a Sous vide. This would probably push him over the edge!
I was on the fence for a while too, but finally decided to get one around a month ago, and I have to say I am very impressed.  Everything I have made has been great, especially steaks because they come out perfectly.  I have also had wonderful results with chicken and pork chops.  Still need to try fish and veggies.

Currently I have 2 slabs of Baby Back Ribs in the Sous Vide cooking, and they will be ready later on this evening after cooking for around 6 hours.  I will post some photos and a video to let you guys see, especially Bear!  Get one Bear, you won't regret it, I promise!

Looks like you and the little guy ate very well!

I'm like Bear, I'm holding out for now, but it'll happen if I see many more posts like this one!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky