Cooking rib on the WSM 18

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mjhandy

Original poster
Sep 24, 2017
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
How folks been arrange two rack on the 18" WSM? I had thought about a rack per cooking grill, but that could get awkward. I have a standing rib holder I've used on my gas grill but I'm not sure it's the best method.

And I'm getting the ribs from Costco, so I'm sure they're going to be bigger than something from the grocery store.

I have fit 6 racks in my 18.5 wsm. Roll each one like a pinwheel, loosely, and stick a skewer in each one to hold it's shape. Put them on the grate standing up. Super simple, and probably could have done 8 that way, maybe 10 if you lay some racks flat across the top of the rolled ones.

Here's my twins, all oiled and rubbed.

22256846_10155543230401413_5241492438349252159_o.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky