Cookin' Pellets Anyone

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bluto

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey all, anyone use Cookin' Pellets 100% Hickory? I ran out of my BBQr's Delight Hickory so I decided to order a bag of the CP's. It's been well below 0 here lately so it's too cold to do anything right now, but was wondering if any of you have had some experience with them, likes, disklikes, recommended foods, etc...?

I haven't used them, but I'll give this a bump.  I've heard mixed reviews about CP's.  Some likes, some dislikes.  Let us know what you think when you get the chance to try them.

Red

I use Cookinpellets.com 100% hickory as my #1 pellet. When they are out of stock I use their Perfect Mix. The 100% hickory are one of the few pellets that I can taste a difference with cooking with them! The Perfect Mix is nearly as good, and in my opinion beat most other pellets I have tried. The GMG gold blend are close to the Perfect Mix. I have tried 100% hickory from Lumber Jack and Fast Eddys and they don't hold a candle to the Cookinpellets.

I haven't used them, but I'll give this a bump.  I've heard mixed reviews about CP's.  Some likes, some dislikes.  Let us know what you think when you get the chance to try them.

Red

Thanks Red.

I use Cookinpellets.com 100% hickory as my #1 pellet. When they are out of stock I use their Perfect Mix. The 100% hickory are one of the few pellets that I can taste a difference with cooking with them! The Perfect Mix is nearly as good, and in my opinion beat most other pellets I have tried. The GMG gold blend are close to the Perfect Mix. I have tried 100% hickory from Lumber Jack and Fast Eddys and they don't hold a candle to the Cookinpellets.

Thanks Phrett, I seem to recall reading about your preference over at PH. I'm going to try them this weekend, I am anxious to see/taste a difference.

I have used the hickory ones and like them. I got some different ones now and am going back to the Cooking Pellets Hickory when these run out. I use them in my Daniel Boone.

CookingPellets are my preferred brand. I think they burn clean with great flavor. I alternate between 100% Hickory & the Perfect Mix (Hickory, Cherry, Hard Maple, Apple)
I have not one complaint on these pellets and of the 3 brands I've tried CookingPellets were the best. The Perfect Mix is hard to beat for day to day pellet cooking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky