Confirmation on identification of a cut of beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

xersist

Original poster
Dec 10, 2019
Hi, a quick backstory... I had gone in for a 1/2 beef from a non-producing cow. I wanted some primal cuts to try dry aging. Specifically asked for a 109 and the butchers eyes basically glazed over. Enough of that!

So, can anyone say for certain what cut of beef this is in the picture? Its about 17"x11"x1.5" picture is of both sides.

It was packaged folded because it is so thin and labeled as a brisket. The only thing is it doesn't look like any brisket i've bought in the supermarket or any video cooking show, etc on the Internet. So if someone could 100% tell me this is a brisket that would be great. Did not have a pleasant experience with this butcher. Heck, I was even ridiculed by an employee out and about saying I can't come in there asking for shit like that. Our income is from sausage. Arrgg, sorry people, frustrated over the deal.

Thanks!

Attachments

• beef.jpg
    beef.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 50
Thanks for the confirmation and they ended up just cutting it up into 1" steaks instead of leaving it as a roast.

Guess they just cleaned it up more then I wanted.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky