• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Completely new

loola

Joined Dec 14, 2016
Hi all! I'm from Tn and completely new to smoking and curing meats. I am currently building a 6x8 board and batten smoke/curing house, I wanted to keep things traditional. We process our own hogs, deer, beef, and poultry, so I have plenty to choose from. I can't wait to learn.

forluvofsmoke

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 27, 2008
Loola, welcome to the SMF Family!!!

Be sure to check out the curing section, and always follow label directions for your curing additives. Assuming you will possibly doing home-cured country hams, that's a whole 'nuther animal, and there are some posts on that as well.

Take your time and research for your topic of interest so you know you'll be doing it right the first time.

Enjoy your (soon to be) new passion!!!

Eric

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to the forum!

Glad to have you with us!

Al

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from a yucky ole day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of                           great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.