Complete virgin to curing meat, in this case it is going to be belly bacon.............NEED help with a dry cure recipe PLEASE!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well I tried to fix my salty bacon by soaking it for 4-5 hrs nope still salty. Next time I will not round up on the T.Q.
and I'll cut back on the sugar because it burns super easily.
I will use this bacon in beans, soups and pasta.
Do you make any sausage ? I make the Nuremburg bratwurst that calls for 1 lb of smokey bacon .
Adjust the salt in the recipe and use your bacon .

I'm not 100% happy with it yet, it's still a work in progress.

Thank you.
Dan

Try Pops Equilibrium Method, and reduce the Salt & Sugar like he does.
If you use the right amount of TQ per pound, without rounding it up, and it is still too salty for you, the only thing you can do is soak it after curing & testing, because cutting the amount of TQ is NOT an option.

Bear

Thank you, Bear it's going to be a few weeks before my next batch and I'm for sure going to try a different method just to see which one I like best. I really appreciate your help.

Thank you.
Dan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky