Complete Newbie here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

iceman3876

Original poster
Dec 28, 2006
Just want to say "hello." My expertise in smoking is nil. I have an electric smoker and wish to learn the do's and dont's of smoking all types of meats. I will appreciate all advice. Thanks

Welcome. Lots of good information on this board. Check out the pork, poultry and beef sections for how-tos. Check out the sauces and side dishes sections for recipes. Check out the wook, propane and electric sections for info on types of smokers.

Welcome again and good smoking!

Thank you so much. I intend to learn alot. It wasnt but about a year ago that I joined a pizza making forum. One year later, I have a neighborhood of friends that love my pizza. Talk about making a neighborhood a family. This year I want to hone my bbq skills and get'em coming over for some lip-smacking bbq.

Seriously, cooking is a surefire way to make a neighborhood a fantastic place to live. I am sure after this next year, I will have the sho-nuff equipment to host some great BBQ's. But I must take toddler steps with a simple eletric smoker and learn slowly. As Abe Lincoln once stated, "Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe." That being said, bear with me while I sharpen my axe.

Welcome to the SMF Iceman. Be sure to check out Jeffs 5 day e-course. It's a great place to start. I myself use a Char-Griller with side firebox. You should be able to get plenty of info on electrics in the Smoking Supplies and Equipment section.

Again Welcome Aboard
pyro

hello hello 3876,
i have electric smoker..

its great----

what kind do you have....?????

look in my smoked chicken breasts thread for my
soon to be famous recipe...
its so easy
its so good

you have to make the ground hog into sausage first!!

g h is very dry--

use 3 parts g h to i part coon and you will do fine--

some do 1/2 and 1/2 with rabbit..

A SMF welcome to another iceman!! We have Iceman, Iceman62 and now iceman3876. Glad to have you with us.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky