Complete Newbie here

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by iceman3876, Dec 28, 2006.

1. iceman3876

iceman3876 Newbie

Just want to say "hello." My expertise in smoking is nil. I have an electric smoker and wish to learn the do's and dont's of smoking all types of meats. I will appreciate all advice. Thanks

2. q3131a

q3131a Meat Mopper OTBS Member

Welcome. Lots of good information on this board. Check out the pork, poultry and beef sections for how-tos. Check out the sauces and side dishes sections for recipes. Check out the wook, propane and electric sections for info on types of smokers.

Welcome again and good smoking!

3. iceman3876

iceman3876 Newbie

Thank you so much. I intend to learn alot. It wasnt but about a year ago that I joined a pizza making forum. One year later, I have a neighborhood of friends that love my pizza. Talk about making a neighborhood a family. This year I want to hone my bbq skills and get'em coming over for some lip-smacking bbq.

Seriously, cooking is a surefire way to make a neighborhood a fantastic place to live. I am sure after this next year, I will have the sho-nuff equipment to host some great BBQ's. But I must take toddler steps with a simple eletric smoker and learn slowly. As Abe Lincoln once stated, "Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe." That being said, bear with me while I sharpen my axe.

4. chris_harper

chris_harper Master of the Pit OTBS Member

lol, lip-smacking bbq. my BIL calls my place, "smack that a** bbq".

5. Welcome to the SMF Iceman. Be sure to check out Jeffs 5 day e-course. It's a great place to start. I myself use a Char-Griller with side firebox. You should be able to get plenty of info on electrics in the Smoking Supplies and Equipment section.

Again Welcome Aboard
    pyro

6. larry maddock

larry maddock Master of the Pit OTBS Member

hello hello 3876,
    i have electric smoker..

its great----

what kind do you have....?????

look in my smoked chicken breasts thread for my
    soon to be famous recipe...
    its so easy
    its so good

7. msmith

msmith Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome aboard iceman

8. ultramag

ultramag SMF Events Planning Committee

Welcome to SMF iceman3876!!!

9. Welcome to SMF. Here's your first and most important do and don't.
    Do smoke every weekend. Don't smoke a groundhog.

10. larry maddock

larry maddock Master of the Pit OTBS Member

you have to make the ground hog into sausage first!!

g h is very dry--

use 3 parts g h to i part coon and you will do fine--

some do 1/2 and 1/2 with rabbit..

11. iceman3876

iceman3876 Newbie

12. iceman3876

iceman3876 Newbie

13. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

A SMF welcome to another iceman!! We have Iceman, Iceman62 and now iceman3876. Glad to have you with us.

14. cheech

cheech Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome aboard, not sure about the rest of the folks here but I would love to hear your secret to making a great pizza

15. I'm with you cheech. Let's give it up ice!

pyro

16. ultramag

ultramag SMF Events Planning Committee

How about the Pizza forum name and/or addy as well?