Competition wing cook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I really liked the flavor of the wings and the skin was close to perfect. It had a buttery bite through feel. It got a bit leathery on the ends though.

These wings turned out very well and had a pleasant heat on the back end. Just lacked some pop. Not quite sure what that might be. I am trying Blues Hog sauce on my next attempt.
For a little pop, you can take the same rubs you are using and grind them super fine, then use them as a finishing dust. Have you tried the Blues Hog Raspberry Chipotle sauce? My Ace Hardware has a great BBQ rub and sauce section and they carry Blues Hog and Plowboy's Yardbird.

For a little pop, you can take the same rubs you are using and grind them super fine, then use them as a finishing dust. Have you tried the Blues Hog Raspberry Chipotle sauce? My Ace Hardware has a great BBQ rub and sauce section and they carry Blues Hog and Plowboy's Yardbird.

My local Ace has a great outdoor BBQ section. That is where I get most of my BBQ supplies. I haven't tried Blues Hog products yet. My first try will be on my next wing cook which will likely be in a few days. I got the Champion's blend for my first test of the Blues Hog products.

Thanks for the advice. I am going to give it a try next run.

JC :emoji_cat:

My local Ace has a great outdoor BBQ section. That is where I get most of my BBQ supplies. I haven't tried Blues Hog products yet. My first try will be on my next wing cook which will likely be in a few days. I got the Champion's blend for my first test of the Blues Hog products.

Thanks for the advice. I am going to give it a try next run.

JC :emoji_cat:
The Championship blend is a good product. The other option that many cooks use is to mix some Tennessee Red into the Original (or another sauce they are using), and they are doing this for some vinegar back flavor. I done this on pork, not sure if it would be a good combination on wings as it thins out the sauce.

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky