Competition wings - I simply cannot get the skin right

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Help me understand. The baking powder and pH discussion made some sense...is the corn starch idea the same, just a matter of degree? Of is there totally different cooking chemistry involved there?

I prefer thighs over wings but my skin is still typically hit-or-miss so it's time I up my game.

Digging the drumstick lollipops idea. I love this forum.

Help me understand. The baking powder and pH discussion made some sense...is the corn starch idea the same, just a matter of degree? Of is there totally different cooking chemistry involved there?

I prefer thighs over wings but my skin is still typically hit-or-miss so it's time I up my game.

Digging the drumstick lollipops idea. I love this forum.

I am not sure as I haven't tried it yet. I am going for the baking powder approach. I like thighs better as well but it is a wing cook so maybe I will make thighs for myself. :emoji_yum: :emoji_cat2:

JC :emoji_cat:

JC is it a smoked wing competition or just a wing comp.? They may not allow the kettle if it's smoked wing comp.

Last edited:
Reactions: clifish
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky