Communicating in Movie Quotes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Bueller?
Bueller?

Oh my God! They shot him.
Hot Lips you incredible nincompoop. It's the end of the quarter.
Ferris Buellers Day off, definitely an 80s classic. Us Cubs fans were especially into it!
- Home Run with MASH! One of Altman’s greatest films and a movie you can see for the 100th time and find something new! To this day I use “ Lieutenant, you can’t dress like this, you are an Officer in a MILITARY Army!!!”

When I see a helicopter go over. I think about Flight of the Valkyries .
View attachment 521586
Haha, because of this movie I dragged my surfboard to Iraq in the belly of a navy ship almost 20 years ago!. My guys had it strapped to the top of an armored dozer.
07EE05E2-39C3-4EE2-B1F5-A163EDE0F417.jpeg

there I am in MOPP4 with that F’n nose rider because of that movie! Good times!

that movie actually got me into surfing. My icon for this forum is a deployment to Liberia where I also took my board and hauled it around West Africa when time allowed to surf!

- Home Run with MASH! One of Altman’s greatest films and a movie you can see for the 100th time and find something new! To this day I use “ Lieutenant, you can’t dress like this, you are an Officer in a MILITARY Army!!!”
Finest kind!
A friend of mine from long ago grew up with the Hooker (yes a pen name) family in Marshfield MA.

• Wow
Reactions: bauchjw
"Get rid of that nickel plated sissy pistol and get yourself a Glock."
Either "US Marshalls" or "The Fugitive?" I've tried to talk a few friends, who aren't the range types, out of Glocks. I'm sure in a home defense situation they'd end up hurting themselves! This quote may be the reason!

"We don't need no stinking practice Randy !
What we need are some paying gigs. "
Ah! Sling Blade! Haven't thought of that one in a while!

What we've got here is failure to communicate
Cool Hand Luke! Amazing movie!

"Well, this is Another Fine Mess You’ve Gotten Us into Stanley”
Man Bear! you stumped me on that one? But I can definitely see it being used a lot around my home!

DAMN IT, BOBBY!!! :emoji_laughing:
Sounds like someone needs some propane accessories!
Ryan

"I don't take no anesthetic. Did Lincoln ask for any girlie gas when they blowed his head off?"
COTTON HILL

Some of my favorites are from Harry Callahan
"A man's got to know his limitations "
"You've gotta ask yourself a question..........
Do I feel lucky? Well do ya....punk ? "
You can't touch Harry, greatest B.A. of all time! Callahan's "Sudden Impact" Hotdog scene still gets me rolling though!

- CALLAHAN: Or this job either, having to wade through the scum of this city, being swept away by bigger and bigger waves of corruption, apathy and red tape. No, that doesn't bother me. But you know what does bother me?
- DETECTIVE: What?
- CALLAHAN: You know what makes me really sick to my stomach?
- DETECTIVE: What?!
- CALLAHAN: It's watching you stuff your face with those hot dogs. Nobody... I mean NOBODY puts ketchup on a hot dog.

I teach middle school and use the line "Your killing me Smalls" from The Sandlot alot.

Also "Just Keep Swimming" from Finding Nemo if walking down the halls and kids are blocking the halls and congregating.

View attachment 521639
Have it tattooed on my arm
Nice line work, great tattoo! I think we watched a bootleg of that movie about 200 times on my third deployment to Iraq. If you havent yet, definitely read "Gates of Fire"

"Buzzards gotta eat same as worms."
"To Hell with them fellas." Outlaw Josey Wales!

When my family does not understand what I just said:
View attachment 521663
Hahaha! My father has always done the same thing, even before Mr Hand! Now I use it too!

Finest kind!
A friend of mine from long ago grew up with the Hooker (yes a pen name) family in Marshfield MA.
That's really cool. He must of had a lot of interesting stories. I haven't read the book, but will have to put it on my list, I have heard that the movie only slightly changes a few things. I think maybe that is the type of book that is better with a little more experience under your belt. I had to read Catch 22 in High School, but didn't really get the humor. Then read it again in my early 20's, but still wasn't quite picking up what was being put down. Then in my mid 30's I read it after a few combat deployments and I thought it was amazing.

Tommy Boy based in my hometown SANDUSKY, OH!

Honey can you open the door for me, I've forgotten my keycard? (said every time I am on vacation and loud enough for others to hear)

Last edited:
Reactions: chopsaw and bauchjw
@WaterinHoleBrew
Grumpy Old Men, Christmas Vacation, Tombstone . . . one of the greatest of all time!, and how can I forget Tommy Boy! The first movie I almost walked out of because I couldn't breath! Strong movie quote films!

Black Hawk Down, a very Strong Showing with Kelly's Heroes!, but dang . . . you stump'd me with the last few!

No kidding! Some of my best friends are pilots, from F35s to 737s, I cant talk to them without A) The Great Santini or B) Airplane! It is a requirement!

I actually envy that kind of a relationship with your entertainment!

RIP, that is an awesome Uncle! Blazing Saddles is it's own galaxy of quotable communication!

Pirates of The Caribbean! That is an awesome quotable movie Brother!

@Steve H
Beetlejuice! Often overlooked, but definitely filled with ways to communicate . . . a few darker friends have "So, You're Dead" books in their living rooms . . . I think thats what the title is?
- Airplane! Definitely another movie that is its own galaxy for quotable communication! That's when my drinking problem started!
- Blazing Saddles, greatest ever . . and the Jack Joker! Back when Batman wasn't recycled depression!
- Dumb and Dumber! Definitely a regular and one of the funniest movies ever!

Haha! Strong quotable communication here! I use "I have to pee" and "Sorry I ruined your Blank Panther Party" at very awkward times that upsets my wife!

If you think this is tough, try living in Sicily in 1942.

Those of us who went through puberty in the 80s understand why this movie is so important . . . well, that and Porky's. But, the pool scene. Anyway, Mr Hand's interaction with Spicoli is comic genius.

You and Bearcarver Bearcarver !!! Those are awesome, I never got into the Honey Mooners, I think that the reruns conflicted with Leave it to Beaver . . . but definitely some classic lines coming from the silver screen!

Blackhawk Down, Kelly's Heroes, Crossfire Trail, Shane, The Emporer's New Groove

Reactions: bauchjw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky