Communicating in Movie Quotes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When I see a helicopter go over. I think about Flight of the Valkyries .
tumblr_nuihzm5TW61s3fijgo2_540.gif

• Love
Reactions: bauchjw
Jed you'll have to remember some of these guys were raised during the silent movie era so quotes mean something different for them than they do for us!
Ha!! The only things we could quote were sound of the projector and the guy in the theater playing the piano. :emoji_disappointed: :emoji_confounded:
Gary

Rafter H BBQ Rafter H BBQ
Grumpy Old Men, Christmas Vacation, Tombstone . . . one of the greatest of all time!, and how can I forget Tommy Boy! The first movie I almost walked out of because I couldn't breath! Strong movie quote films!

Some of my favorites that I happen to have memes of:
Black Hawk Down, a very Strong Showing with Kelly's Heroes!, but dang . . . you stump'd me with the last few!

I'm also active on a pilot board, where whole threads have sprung up comprised entirely of quotes from "Airplane!"
No kidding! Some of my best friends are pilots, from F35s to 737s, I cant talk to them without A) The Great Santini or B) Airplane! It is a requirement!

Ha!! The only things we could quote were sound of the projector and the guy in the theater playing the piano. :emoji_disappointed: :emoji_confounded:
Gary
I actually envy that kind of a relationship with your entertainment!

All I can say as a man who watched Blazing Saddles at age 11 with an incredible uncle (God rest his soul).
Harrumph, Harrumph.
RIP, that is an awesome Uncle! Blazing Saddles is it's own galaxy of quotable communication!
Pirates of The Caribbean! That is an awesome quotable movie Brother!

Steve H Steve H
Beetlejuice! Often overlooked, but definitely filled with ways to communicate . . . a few darker friends have "So, You're Dead" books in their living rooms . . . I think thats what the title is?
- Airplane! Definitely another movie that is its own galaxy for quotable communication! That's when my drinking problem started!
- Blazing Saddles, greatest ever . . and the Jack Joker! Back when Batman wasn't recycled depression!
- Dumb and Dumber! Definitely a regular and one of the funniest movies ever!

Haha! Strong quotable communication here! I use "I have to pee" and "Sorry I ruined your Blank Panther Party" at very awkward times that upsets my wife!

If you think this is tough, try living in Sicily in 1942.

Lest we forget Fast Times / Spicoli....

View attachment 521589
Those of us who went through puberty in the 80s understand why this movie is so important . . . well, that and Porky's. But, the pool scene. Anyway, Mr Hand's interaction with Spicoli is comic genius.
Don't forget "Your Mother's a Blabbermouth, Alice! A Blabbermouth!"
You and Bearcarver Bearcarver !!! Those are awesome, I never got into the Honey Mooners, I think that the reruns conflicted with Leave it to Beaver . . . but definitely some classic lines coming from the silver screen!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky