Communicating in Movie Quotes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My wife and I have three movie quotes that pop up time and time again.

#1- I do 99% of the food shopping, prep, and cooking. If any of those happen quickly, my wife will say, "Wow, that was fast!." I always answer, "That's me. Fast and delicious!" (Defending Your Life).

#2 - Every time I roast or smoke a whole chicken, one of us says, "Cheecan....Guuud!" (The Fifth Element).

#3 - Whenever we're in different rooms and hear a loud crash or thump from somewhere in the house, the person who did it ALWAYS says, "I'm okay. I'm OOOOOHkay!" (It's a Wonderful Life). Great trivia read about how that impromptu line was included in the movie.
I had 2&3, looked up #1 and forgot all about that movie! Great one to watch again!
277D576D-7C2F-4707-90E9-419AB88BF98E.gif

How could I forget Animal House!!!!! 100% a Movie to communicate through! “Fat, Drunk, and stupid is now way to go through life son.”

That 0.0 is so funny. Every time I watch Animal House, I laugh the loudest at that scene, and when Belushi is coming down the stairs for the Toga party, and he smashes Stephen Bishop's guitar.
And when the Horse drops dead in the Dean's office.
After 1000 times it still makes me laugh!

Bachelor Party! When Tom Hanks was really fun! Yes!

I don't have to look. I think Animal House was the first R rated movie I saw. It was more amusing afterwards, because a bunch of my friends and I talked out moms into taking us to see it. We sat together, and our moms also watched the movie from a different row. We could hear their reaction to various parts of the movie. The ride home was epic!
Haha, I had the same experience with revenge of the nerds!

Reactions: MJB05615 and DougE
Man, I forgot about Slap shot too! Hanson brothers were hilarious!
I hadn’t thought of Sandlot in forever either! I think that was Denis Leary’s first serious role?
58FC2323-665B-4726-9332-4CED87008947.gif

LOL! Yeah, my friends and I do that, too. Sometimes inserting song lyrics into the conversation. Of course, we're all around 60 and have seen a lot of movies. BTW, The Princess Bride would be my choice for most quotable movie of all time.

I try to do the same with my co-workers, but since most of them are millenials and Gen Z'ers, they look at me as if I'm developing alzheimer's.

LOL! Yeah, my friends and I do that, too. Sometimes inserting song lyrics into the conversation. Of course, we're all around 60 and have seen a lot of movies. BTW, The Princess Bride would be my choice for most quotable movie of all time.

I try to do the same with my co-workers, but since most of them are millenials and Gen Z'ers, they look at me as if I'm developing alzheimer's.
Youd definitely feel comfortable with my crowd then. Yes, I get the Alzheimer’s look sometimes. Princess Bride is definitely a movie to communicate through! We’ll scream “to the pain” sometimes during a heated debate!

Funny, I knew most of them! Don't forget Blazing Saddles! Definitely non edited version! :emoji_laughing:
Ryan
Sadly true! But, I did have the Hrumph in there! clifish clifish got most of the others that won’t get you in trouble now. Great movie to communicate with!
B951B7C8-186F-400B-A381-94377296870F.gif

You gonna pull those pistols or whistle dixie?
THE OUTLAW JOSEY WALES...1976
Haha! Great movie, a little dark for our conversations though! I think my pop had me watch it at least 50 times, not that I ever complained!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
My brother is a walking encyclopedia of movie quotes. My wife and I will communicate in song lyrics and movie quotes.
Jim

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw
Who can forget:
"Bang, Zoom----To The Moon, Alice!!"
"You're a Riot Alice, A Regular Riot!!"
"Hamina, Hamina, Hamina, Hamina"
"Honey, You're the Greatest"

Bear

Reactions: MJB05615
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky