• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Combo grill/smoker

av8tor

Meat Mopper
Joined Feb 4, 2008
Currently I have a GOSM Big block and a Char Broil gas grill.  The gas grill is on it's last days.  I have been thinking of going back to charcoal (lump) for grilling and one option is to get another Weber One Touch and keep using the GOSM but that is pretty worn as well.  I was in WalMart today and they had a Kingsford 30" Barrel Grill.  What impressed me was how low you can crank/lower the charcoal rack and it has a convenient door for reloading smoking wood. Anyone use this for smoking?

Last edited:

callahan4life

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 20, 2011
I had one and loved it as a grill, but there was no air intake to control temps. The design was pretty much open at the bottom. The one I had has finnaly seen it's day. I would buy another but it would be strictly for grilling.

flbobecu

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 11, 2010
So are looking for a grill/smoker combo-ish, or just a grill, to grill food? And is there a budget?

Last edited:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
If you can afford it I would suggest a WSM 18.5, and a Weber kettle. Two of the best! If your budget allows get the 22.5 instead of the 18.5. If you can only get one I would get the WSM 18.5, you can grill on it too.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.