Combo grill/smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

av8tor

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
Currently I have a GOSM Big block and a Char Broil gas grill.  The gas grill is on it's last days.  I have been thinking of going back to charcoal (lump) for grilling and one option is to get another Weber One Touch and keep using the GOSM but that is pretty worn as well.  I was in WalMart today and they had a Kingsford 30" Barrel Grill.  What impressed me was how low you can crank/lower the charcoal rack and it has a convenient door for reloading smoking wood. Anyone use this for smoking?

Last edited:
I had one and loved it as a grill, but there was no air intake to control temps. The design was pretty much open at the bottom. The one I had has finnaly seen it's day. I would buy another but it would be strictly for grilling.

So are looking for a grill/smoker combo-ish, or just a grill, to grill food? And is there a budget?

Last edited:
If you can afford it I would suggest a WSM 18.5, and a Weber kettle. Two of the best! If your budget allows get the 22.5 instead of the 18.5. If you can only get one I would get the WSM 18.5, you can grill on it too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky