Colorado Pueblo Chile Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
Finishing up 4 bushels of Pueblo green Chile today. Stay tuned for a finishing recipe that makes excellent table Chile.

IMG_1611.jpeg

IMG_1612.jpeg

I can smell that from here. Loved being in New Mexico when they were roasting the Hatch Chile everywhere!

Jim

Looks great. I can only imagine how that smells. Looking forward to the chili.

Now we hand mash these with added garlic, salt and a little pepper. That’s the recipe. Mash the Chile by hand but add seasonings but squeeze it good through your hands to break it up and incorporate the flavors. Then bag this mixture and enjoy as flavored green chile on the table. Cook with it too . This was two bushels.

IMG_1615.jpeg

Yes we peeled these two bushels that I roasted. We had the farm roast two other bushel for convenience, they flash roast them in the round cage then at the very end they hit them with a water hose which steams them a bit and washes all the charred skin off for the most part. This is handy but I think it washes some of the flavor away as well.

Some fine accouterments to a few future meals Edge. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Man Eric, you got the pepper thing going on buddy!! Those look amazing. Now me thinks it may be time for me to see if I can find a bushel or two :emoji_wink: I could use those in a ton of different dishes.

Robert

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Thank you.

Some fine accouterments to a few future meals Edge. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris
Thank you Chris, and yes we eat Chile either in or on almost every meal not all but boy we eat a lot through the cooler weather. Has very high vitamin C and is delicious.

Man Eric, you got the pepper thing going on buddy!! Those look amazing. Now me thinks it may be time for me to see if I can find a bushel or two :emoji_wink: I could use those in a ton of different dishes.

Robert
Thank you Robert. Our usual run is 4 bushels. We have 48 bags in the freezer almost enough for one for every week of the year. Chilies won’t be back on until this time next year so we stock up.

Reactions: gmc2003
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky