Colonoscopy Breakfast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Tomorrow being Colonoscopy Day here in beautiful Gilbert I thought it would be an appropriate time to fire up the BS flattop for a nice patio brekky. Started out with some taters on the griddle
DSCN3831.JPG

Next up was a little bacon
DSCN3832.JPG

then a little more bacon, Canadian style
DSCN3833.JPG

Four jumbo eggs, sunny-side-up
DSCN3834.JPG

Settle down in a patio chair with some juice and spicy salsa, dig in!

DSCN3835.JPG

Boy howdy I'll tell ya, this really hit the spot! Thanks for lookin' in, and y'all stay safe out there! RAY

Big Breaky! Looks delish. Hope the probe goes well. I am on the 5 year plan due to polyps found on my first. Since the first one I also had an upper GI. there is no purging involved with those. Just fasting.

But remember Vodka and Gin are clear liquids. No need to suffer unnecessarily-IMO.

Ray, that is a good way to prep for mañana.

Stu
That's it for food until I get home tomorrow afternoon Stu. I figure to be pretty much starving by then, leaving the flattop set up in case I need a fast bacon cheeseburger! Thanks for the Like amigo, much appreciated! RAY

Big Breaky! Looks delish. Hope the probe goes well. I am on the 5 year plan due to polyps found on my first. Since the first one I also had an upper GI. there is no purging involved with those. Just fasting.

But remember Vodka and Gin are clear liquids. No need to suffer unnecessarily-IMO.
Thanks Dave, this will be my second after ten years. I'm not allowed to drink gin anymore, only brown liquor. Something about the juniper berry causes me to spill more marbles than I can find to pick up later. Thank you for the Like, much appreciated! RAY

That sure is a big boy breakfast, I don't envy you when that "drink" kicks in...lol,
good luck tomorrow
Ain't my first rodeo Clif, I figure to drink my gallon of poison shortly afer the cocktail ends! RAY

Lol! Great breakfast Ray! Good look with the procedure. I'm on the 5-year plan as well.
Thanks Steve! As I remember it the doc always says to eat more fiber and less red meat, good luck with that! I think I'm getting to the age when they stop doing this stuff, like an old horse, they'll probably just put a bullet in my head if things go south after this one. Thank you for the Like amigo, I do appreciate it! RAY
Great looking breakfast Ray! Good look with the procedure tomorrow!
Thanks John, now at least I have something to look forward to! Thanks for the Like my friend, much appreciated! RAY

I think the process has changed, I remember starting to drink that crap in the eve and it was not the quantities it used to be.
Just had mine 2 weeks ago. Fasted the day before, and also drank the junk that night. Stuff cost me $75, even after insurance.

Good looking grub Ray . You're gonna go off like a bomb . Maybe you already have .
I'm on the 3 year plan . I'm past by 2 years . Better call I guess .
Good luck bud .

Wow, my doc makes me fast the entire day before. Maybe I should get your doctor.
It'd be a long drive for you, he doesn't make house calls either. RAY

I think the process has changed, I remember starting to drink that crap in the eve and it was not the quantities it used to be.
A half gallon over a two hour period the night before, I'll start around six after some whisky. RAY

Absolutely a fantastic looking breakfast.
Thanks Ray! I'll be patio cooking for the next six months, hoping I don't have to fight the flies this year. Thanks for the Like Ray, much appreciated! RAY

Good looking grub Ray . You're gonna go off like a bomb . Maybe you already have .
I'm on the 3 year plan . I'm past by 2 years . Better call I guess .
Good luck bud .
Thanks Rich! Loads of folks two years behind due to the pandemic, no one wanted to go near a doctors office. Best get on it, things are about as safe as they're ever going to be I reckon. RAY

Reactions: chopsaw
Looks Great Ray!!
I remember when I could eat like that.
Now that would make 4 breakfasts for me.
Best to you for tomorrow!!
Like.

Bear

Reactions: sawhorseray
Great looking meal before the procedure but like Chopsaw stated when the bomb goes off remember that more bombs will follow ! Last time I did that I thought we were ready to make the trip to the hospital when a sudden urge hit me and we had to make a quick change of direction so I didn't bomb my shorts ! Close call but I made it . Good luck hope everything comes back clear

Dang that's the meal I always want after I wake up afterwards.
LoL When I woke up after my first one. Grill ask me if I wanted something to drink and some crackers.
Nope! I want a beer and some hot wings.

Thanks to my Crohns and already losing 14 inch’s of gut im on the yearly plan. Got that to look forward to in June. That is a heck of a breakfast!
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky