Colder weather = smoked cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 14, 2014
Northeast pa
with the colder weather, cheese on sale 1.67 each , and a day off there was only one thing to do. SMOKE CHEESE, fired up the amnps tray with hickory and into the mes
thanks for looking
20191106_083742_resized_2 (1).jpg
20191106_092100_resized (1).jpg

20191106_152802_resized (2).jpg

Those are all interesting cheese flavors! Thats gonna make for some nice snacking! Looks likenthey took on some good color as well!

Reactions: smokerjim
Nice haul Jim! Neat selection of flavors!

Pesto Jack? That’s got my interest, never had that one.
thanks, yeah I never had it either along with some of the flavors I got, if you have a shur-save store by you I think they're on sale all week (not totally positive though) thanks for the like

There is one right by me. The brand does look familiar. I could check there and maybe wally world.

Now thats what I call a selection! Cannot beat smoked cheese.
they say variety is spice of life, now if I can remember which is which until I get it packed up and labeled tomorrow, thanks for the like Jim

Those are all interesting cheese flavors! Thats gonna make for some nice snacking! Looks likenthey took on some good color as well!
yeah some of the flavors i've never tried before, will say horseradish is my favorite, we'll see if one of the other flavors takes over my top spot, i'm happy with the color, that's about 4 hours in the smoke, every time I open the fridge it's all I can smell, it's hard fighting the temptation of trying it. thanks for the like Jim

Great variety and nice color Jim. I'll be over Saturday to eat some of that cheese and watch the Irish! I'll bring the beverages!:emoji_sunglasses: Like.

There is one right by me. The brand does look familiar. I could check there and maybe wally world.
not sure of the price at wally world but probably pretty close, my wife said that used to be the everyday price Aldi's if you have one of those close by.

Great variety and nice color Jim. I'll be over Saturday to eat some of that cheese and watch the Irish! I'll bring the beverages!:emoji_sunglasses: Like.
thanks for the compliments gator, kick off is at 7:30 so try and be here around 3, guess I better get some ribs going!!

Pesto jack sounds great. I plan on doing a cheese I’ve been loving. It’s a rosemary Gouda. All yours looks awesome. I think our local Drug Mart carries that brand as do IGA’s.

Pesto jack sounds great. I plan on doing a cheese I’ve been loving. It’s a rosemary Gouda. All yours looks awesome. I think our local Drug Mart carries that brand as do IGA’s.
yeah i'm wondering what some of this stuff is goig taste like since i've never had them, I don't think i've ever seen rosemary gouda, does sound good though, is that more of a specialty cheese, maybe they keep that in a different section.

I get the rosemary Gouda at a nearby Amish market. I’ll have to look at the wheel to see who makes it.

I get the rosemary Gouda at a nearby Amish market. I’ll have to look at the wheel to see who makes it.
if you have to look at the wheel, i'll guarantee i'm not going to find it in the dairy section , i'll have to window shop at the specialty section

Nice selection of cheese. And it came out nice. I never heard of a few of them. I'm also curious about the Pesto one.

Now that's a healthy selection. I'm more interested in the Cracked Black Pepper.

Point for sure
Chris

Good lookin' smoked cheese. Lots of variety. But you didn't mention the brand of beer that you use with it.:emoji_wink:
thanks chuck, now if I can hold out a day or two before eating some, as for the brand of beer, COLD!

Nice selection of cheese. And it came out nice. I never heard of a few of them. I'm also curious about the Pesto one.
thanks Steve, I got to say it's sort of your fault I smoked some cheese after your post on the scorpion gouda it sort of got me off my butt to do some. i'll let you know about the pesto when I try it. thanks for the like jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky