1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Colder weather....cheese smoking time

Discussion in 'Smoked Cheese' started by atomicsmoke, Oct 12, 2019 at 4:59 PM.

1. atomicsmoke

atomicsmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Almost 8kg here...picked them up in the last few months as they went on sale
    20191012_164408-1.jpg 20191012_171239-1.jpg

Steve H, miamited and pc farmer like this.
  2. gmc2003

gmc2003 Legendary Pitmaster OTBS Member

That's a good looking supply. I still have a bunch in the fridge so I wasn't planning on smoking any this year. I hope the stash hold up because I just missed the sale on Cabots cheese.

Chris

3. Otis54

Otis54 Newbie

I did some a few weeks back at 110 degrees in a cold smoke box on top of my big chief. 3 hours with cherry.

Attached Files:

4. atomicsmoke

I have some stock too...but those are "top shelf" cheeses. Not a lot...but for a treat once in a while.

5. jcam222

jcam222 Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Love Jarlsberg cheese! My local cheese place quit carrying it.

6. atomicsmoke

20191012_182212_HDR-1.jpg

7. miamited

miamited Fire Starter

Still have about 6 pounds cheddar from last smoke. With colder weather coming in about a month or so, will be doing more cheddar and might try some others.

What other cheese to smoke is the question.

8. atomicsmoke

20191013_140909-1-1.jpg

Otis54, pc farmer and Steve H like this.
  9. Steve H

Steve H Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

I like how you did those variety packs. I'm doing that with my next batch of cheese. Though that may be in awhile. I have around 35 pounds already in house.

Otis54 likes this.
  10. Hawging It

Hawging It Master of the Pit

Started smoking cheese last January after I joined SMF and saw how many of the members smoked it. I enjoyed it and I am hooked on it. Had to buy a separate little refrigerator to keep and age it. I will start again in a few weeks. Still to hot here. Yours look awesome.