Cold Smoked Deviled Eggs and a Dessert

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Swashbuckler BBQ

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 8, 2019
Cortland, NY
Saw a nice looking recipe for filling to deviled eggs the other night, so decided to take them up a notch and cold smoke the eggs first.

Cold smoked the hard boiled eggs for 1 hour in my WSM with Apple wood pellets. Not sure how others cold smoke in theirs, but I just take out the charcoal bucket and set an Amazen Smoke Tube at the bottom. Went with a mini this time since I only needed an hour.

515F433F-37CC-4C65-9649-6107120EB22B.jpeg

Once those were all set I filled em with the recipe I found online.

For 8 whole eggs:
  • Yolk from 8 hard boiled eggs
    3 tbsp Mayo
  • 1 tbsp Mustard Sauce (1/4 Cup Yellow Mustard, 1/4 Cup Honey, 2 tsp Smoked Paprika, 2 tsp Creole Seasoning, 1/2 tsp Salt)
  • 1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Tri Tip Seasoning
  • 3 slices of bacon finely chopped

84026840-F9F0-4DDC-978D-63088CF379D1.jpeg

I topped them with a bit more Bacon, because why not?

In the meantime I also through together a Pineapple Upside Down Cake!

A9CA83A9-BC46-474A-AC6F-D3E60E4A0329.jpeg

Happy Holidays All!

Saw a nice looking recipe for filling to deviled eggs the other night, so decided to take them up a notch and cold smoke the eggs first.

Cold smoked the hard boiled eggs for 1 hour in my WSM with Apple wood pellets. Not sure how others cold smoke in theirs, but I just take out the charcoal bucket and set an Amazen Smoke Tube at the bottom. Went with a mini this time since I only needed an hour.

View attachment 424789

For 8 whole eggs:
    3 tbsp Mayo
  • 1 tbsp Mustard Sauce (1/4 Cup Yellow Mustard, 1/4 Cup Honey, 2 tsp Smoked Paprika, 2 tsp Creole Seasoning, 1/2 tsp Salt)

View attachment 424790

In the meantime I also through together a Pineapple Upside Down

View attachment 424789

For 8 whole eggs:
    3 tbsp Mayo

View attachment 424790

In the meantime I also through together a Pineapple Upside Down Cake!

View attachment 424791

Happy Holidays All!
It all looks great!! Nice Job!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky