Cold smoked cheese, & butter, and thanks Jeff!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Awesome Ryan… I love the variety, everything looks top notch my friend! BTW, your snack was by far a fav as a kid growing up! I could devour that stuff!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Awesome Ryan… I love the variety, everything looks top notch my friend! BTW, your snack was by far a fav as a kid growing up! I could devour that stuff!
Thanks Justin! It's greatly appreciated! Since I finished that up as my appetizer for tonight's supper I'm now eyeing the chicken in a biskit and easy cheese as my next course! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Thanks Justin! It's greatly appreciated! Since I finished that up as my appetizer for tonight's supper I'm now eyeing the chicken in a biskit and easy cheese as my next course! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Nice! I will still always remember that raw meat and seasoning on a cracker…Course it was local, clean and nice meat…. As yours is! I may have to pull out the grinder now!

Enjoy my friend!

This is farming off season? When do you sleep?

Fill the smoker
I'm still a kid at heart! And I heard beauty sleep is overated lol! Thanks for the like. Enjoy your warm weather down there!

Thanks for the like jaxgatorz jaxgatorz I appreciate it!

Ryan

Nice batch of goods Ryan. Yes, jealous of the bare fields. Won't see them until about mid April here.
Thank you! Definitely an odd winter so far! Had one snowstorm but that all melted. Broke records here today...was 48 degrees, old record was 43 I think. Wednesday high of 14 with 40 mph north winds.
And thanks for the like!

Ryan

Wow everything looks great Ryan ! Raw meat and crackers.....?
Wish it got cold enough here for a cheese smoke. I'm watching my calories too. Trying to get them all out front where I can see them :emoji_laughing:
Thanks for the mention and maybe we can have a Championship Game contest ??

All looks Mighty Tasty to me, but I'm easy---I'm a Hungry Bear !!
Nice Job, Ryan!!
Like.

Bear
Thank you Bear! I appreciate it! And thanks for the like!

Ryan

Nicely done Ryan!
Everything looks delicious!
Al
Thanks Al, I appreciate it! If it's still too warm down there come on up and we can smoke some more cheese!

Ryan

Wow everything looks great Ryan ! Raw meat and crackers.....?
Wish it got cold enough here for a cheese smoke. I'm watching my calories too. Trying to get them all out front where I can see them :emoji_laughing:
Thanks for the mention and maybe we can have a Championship Game contest ??
Thanks Keith! I just mentioned to Al that he's invited to come up...you could road trip with him! Lol!
And yes...fresh ground round...gotta keep the tapeworm happy!
I'm up for another contest, doubt I'll be so lucky this time but was still fun!
When I was smoking the snack mix my wife told me I didn't have to smoke everything...I just looked at her and laughed, gotta at least try it! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Well we were getting low on some smoked cheese and after a week long rat race to get end of the year stuff taken care of it was also time to relax and cross a couple things off the need to try list! The nice thing about Iowa in January...perfect cheese smoking weather!
View attachment 520891
Our new cheese cutting board is just too cool!
View attachment 520892

Not a wide variety but needed more cheddar and mozzarella smoked, and added some Muenster cheese as well. Also heard how good Kerry gold butter is smoked so... why not?
View attachment 520893

To go along in the smoke... a tray of paprika.
View attachment 520894

Temps ran about 72 degrees F and would drop to about 56 when I opened door to stir paprika every 30 minutes. Nice tbs coming out

View attachment 520895

Used apple in amnps and about 4 1/2 hours smoke time. Let rest in fridge overnight... dang did it smell good!

View attachment 520896

Of course with all the smoked cream cheese going on it was time to give it a go also. Did two blocks, used two new rubs my friend Keith 912smoker 912smoker sent to us.

View attachment 520897

Haven't had them very long but they are both great! The steak seasoning is prolly 1/4 gone already.

View attachment 520898

This turned out amazing! And was really good with some pepper jelly on a cracker

View attachment 520899

Of course being new years weekend I had to have snacks while waiting on the smoker...so ground round on saltiness with onion, salt and pepper

View attachment 520900

And last but not least ... TulsaJeff TulsaJeff recipe for smoked trail mix! After he forcefully made me watch this video over and over...JK! But saw it and had to make it.
View attachment 520901

Added 1 tbsp of cholula hot sauce. Jeff's recipe said 2 to 4 tbsp but had never tried it before so went light. And the finished pic

View attachment 520902

It turned out really good! Thanks Jeff!

I feel a little bad cuz I never watched the peach dump cake video, so can't make it. I think it was @SmokinVOLfan that mentioned he could make it with his eyes closed . Best I could do was I peach booze (peach dump cake for the chewing impaired)! These lovely marinated peaches you could dump down your throat. But highly suggest no driving after consuming!

View attachment 520903

Thanks for looking!
Ryan

Wow Ryan! That looks AMAZING! I feel like I can smell it right through my screen😀 Definitely drooling!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky